We don't have much news going on here- just living up the abnormally pleasant weather for this time of year. We are outside as much as possible. Logan is doing great at school- just had conferences with his teacher and I get teary eyed everytime because I'm just so proud of him. Mariah loves having "preschool" which I mostly do at home with her, and on Fridays we get together with some other moms and have a structured preschool/playdate. Harrison is saying some new words like, "shoe" and "cracker". He loves balls, and loves to wrestle. If anyone is laying down, he will attack.
Our family is really excited about a few "additions" to our family. We are a host family to 2 Drake students from Malaysia. We had them over for dinner last Monday to meet them, and we already love them. They are so polite and fun to be around. The kids loved them right away. We are excited to make lots of great memories with our new "kids". In all the excitement, I forgot to take pics of them. But we will get some up soon. Their names are Kenneth and Shie Meng Lim.
Oh, and ps- I finally read Harry Potter 7! You can call me now if you want to talk about it.
Here's a few pics from the past week:
It has been on Mariah's mind for a long time that she was ready for a "big girl bike". I know because she has asked me every day for a new bike since May. With Christmas approaching, I had been able to put her off a few more months because now she could ask Santa for a bike. The other day I ran to Goodwill with the kids looking for a costume for me and we saw it- the bike she had to have. She just went crazy over it and gave me that look. Logan took her side and assured me that dad would be okay with it. It was $4 and in perfect condition. I think Santa will understand, we just had to get it. Now that she has her bike, there's this one doll that she's just GOT to have....
As soon as we got home and cleaned the bike, I hear Logan: "Okay Mariah. Today we are going to talk about the basics of riding a bike" ........
...and he stuck with her faithfully, and she put up with it pretty well. Thanks to big bro, it didn't take her long to catch on and fly. Here is Mariah introducing her new bike:
This past week the flu came for a visit. It started with Harrison Monday night and knocked the rest of us out one by one. By Sunday we were all stir crazy. We decided to forget our worries and go "camping". It was just what we needed to cheer us up. Well, most of us.
We even kicked back and sat around the fire...
Life is good!
6 comments:
Love the camping! We needed that one today! Our kids were so so stir crazy! Mariah does so well on her bike. Very impressive!
I know what you mean about the flu, I hated it!! Meysa is getting a bike for christmas and cause she was needing to graduate to a big girl bike!! Such cute pics!
Hey guys, this was so fun! I love the camping idea. You guys are awesome.
As for the perfect bike being at Good Will, isn't God amazing? He truly knows what we need.
I love the pic of Logan by the fire with the caption "life is good"!
Lv, M
Okay, so I'm a nerd and leaving another comment. Mariah always looks like such a little lady! Is she a living doll?
Lv, M
I miss that fire already!
What fun updates to read on my Monday morning!! Remind me to talk to you about Mitt....
AND, my favorite pic is of Harrison...obviously very upset about the picture, or something.
SOO FUNNY!
what a great Idea! Nice bike riding!
Post a Comment