Most of the time when I sit down for a planning session with the kids I'll ask them for their input, and almost always they have big plans that I know won't be practical or possible, but I go ahead and write them down and tell them I'll consider it. Then I come back and try to incorporate some of their ideas into what I know we can handle.
As I mentioned earlier, I love spring break. A few weeks before I sat down with the kids and asked them what they would love to do during the break. Logan said "go to disneyland" (I think a few classmates were heading there), and Mariah wanted to stay in a hotel.
So this is what we came up with. The kids helped me plan the entire thing and ran the errands with me. It was work, but it was fun work!
Spring Break Hotel:
Wednesday was the big day. Our guests checked in at 3:00 pm in the lobby with suitcases packed for a late night pajama party.


At check in they received a lei, got their hotel keys, and selected a snack (mini pb sandwhich, or mini nutella sandwhich) and a drink (fruit smoothie or chocolate milk.)

(looks like Logan has had 1 too many smoothies)

Once they took their luggage to their rooms, it was time to hit the "arcade" where they bowled, played a dart game and went on a treasure hunt.
side note: I enlisted the help of 2 awesome neighbor girls, Sara and Ashley. They are 12 and were totally involved with helping and making posters.
To make the treasure hunt even more magical, Ashley had brought some toys that she and her brother don't use anymore for the prize at the end. The kids were ecstatic! They donated some pretty awesome toys!!

After the treasure hunt, our guests were off to the "recreation" room to make a craft. They made these cute bunny mobiles which they enjoyed later for a snack.

Next, we loaded the buses and we were off to "Disneyland" (McDonald's Playland). I don't have any pictures of that because Laura and I were kinda busy chasing 11 kids!

This perhaps may have been the most exciting part of the trip. Our little guests went to their rooms and changed into their pajamas. (no, I think packing their bags for this trip was the highlight!) - When they came up, there was a concession stand in the "theatre room" where they could use tokens earned from the arcade games to purchase popcorn, juice and candy for movie time.
At the end of the movie, our friends packed up and went home. Logan and Mariah got to have a sleepover in our guest room and enjoyed chocolates on their pillows and fresh clean sheets!
Definately a fun time we won't forget!
15 comments:
The perfect mom as always:)
Now I know why I haven't been blessed with kids. I don't have the capacity to think of things like that. You amaze me.
Wow just seems inadequate. You are super-mom. That sounds amazing!
Thanks for sharing the pictures. And thanks even more for sharing your fun with us!
I'm speechless.
It's more amazing then I pictured. i'm going to send everyone to your blog to learn about parenting.
This was incredible!!!
~m
WOW!!! AMAZING!!!! Tell Logan and Mariah to add me to the invite list.
You are just so much fun. I need to hang out with you more often so some of your fun can rub off on me!
i don't know how you come up with such fun ideas. i think someday when my kids are much older i will have to steal this one. you are one fun mom.
I hope you don't mind that I really did sent everyone to your blog!!!!
~M
Wow, your kids better appreciate how lucky they are - I'm not even telling my girls about that because it makes me tired just thinking about how much work must have gone into it. Truly Amazing!
Wow Robyn you are the best mom. I would not have the patience to come up with something like that. When ever I'm having a bad mom day I tend to think. What would Robyn do at a time like this. Super Cute Idea
This is such a great idea. You have so much energy and you are so good at channelling that energy into the most important thing in the world!
What a great idea. I bet the kids loved it. You are such a fun mom!!
You are the funnest mom EVER! I love it! Is it okay if I steal your idea?!?
Wow! Robyn, I'm seriously going to start making a list of all the fun things you do with your kids...then when I have kids, we'll be almost a cool as you! :)
Thank you for sharing about asking your kids what things they want to do and look forward to. (we do get a daily birthday countdown, but I think your idea is bigger) I will try it and I know my kids will love it. The Question: Can I actually follow through...like you obviously have. What a fun mom you are.
Angela C
Post a Comment