The grand event of the year..... my older bro got married!!! I can't begin to tell you how beautiful this day was. Seeing someone you love so happy and marrying someone so right for them is so comforting and exciting! The sealing ceremony was so touching. I love going to sealings, and it has been forever since I've been to one. It's always a great reminder of the importance of my own marriage and covenants. To be married for eternity is truly the greatest blessing!!
There is so much I love about Joana. But this picture says what I love most of all about her...she loves my brother and it shows.
Here's a nice pic of Joana's family. It was so great to meet all of them. She has 5 sisters and 1 brother.
This is seriously the best picture I have of our side of the family. I can't stop laughing about it. We're definately the crazy side of the family. Mental Note: Do not hand my camera to Noche at Peter's wedding. (no, Peter is not getting married - yet- just planning ahead)
Here's all of the siblings.
The groom with his favorite sister
This is why I've never been hired to do weddings.
One of the greatest things about this trip is all the extended family. My grandma, all my aunts and uncles and most of my cousins were able to come. We have so much fun with them.
The proud, proud parents. When I was in the sealing room, I couldn't stop looking at my parents. Now that I am one, I can just imagine the joy it is to see your children grow and find happiness in life and in the gospel. What a wonderful rewarding day for parents!
Here's Harrison with his cousin Savannah. He was an angel on this trip and I give her full credit for it. She kept his hiney in line! Savannah, I need you to come visit for a while!
The kids were troopers, and clearly enjoyed every minute of it.
Significant event #2: I turned 30 in Dallas! Tyler got me good and surprised me with a big dinner party! I had absolutely NO idea even up until we walked in the doors. Everytime we go to Dallas, it's a tradition to eat at Spring Creek BBQ. So it didn't phase me when my mom mentioned to the family that we would be meeting there Monday night. She also watches my kids for us a lot when we're in town so Tyler and I can get away, so we arranged to go out before dinner and meet my family there. Nothing suspicious about that.
When I walked in, I couldn't believe it! He had conspired with my friend Wendy before our trip and there were about 35-40 friends and family there.
"Why didn't you tell me to fix my hair before we left the house? Oh great, are my bangs flat??"
No, maybe I would have said that at my 20th surprise party, but now that I'm a lot more mature it was more like, "Wow! How very thoughtful and kind of you. I feel so happy. Enough about me, how was your day?".
Really it was, "I can't believe this!!! How did you pull this off!! You rock!"
So, I've had a lot of people ask me how it feels to be 30. It's only been 2 days, so I'm not exactly sure, but I have a hunch I'm gonna enjoy it. 20's was a lot of hard work and life changing decisions: getting married, having children, school, career decisions, etc. Very fulfilling, very demanding years. I think it started to be later in my 20's that I started to accept my imperfections and flaws without being so devastated about them. In fact I appreciate that the Lord has shown me my weaknesses because I have grown so much. I have been so humbled in my 20's. I think 30's will be more relaxing in that I feel like I am more comfortable with myself, I am learning and discovering more things about myself that I kind of forgot about in my early 20's. I'm so thankful to the Lord for my happy, wonderful life. It has not been perfect by any means, but I've been so blessed!
Significant Event #3: Tyler's twin bro, Todd, happened to be on a business trip to Dallas when we came in town. He stayed an extra day to play with us.
We went and played 18 holes, mini ones. By the time we were done we were dying for some Shake's Frozen Custard- another beloved tradition. Sadly, they had gone out of business (another casualty from our move to Iowa- they would still be there today if we lived there!)
Significant event #4: We had a blast!!!
We stayed with my oldest bro and his sweet family. The cousins got a long beautifully. Well, Harrison did deserve the swat or 2 he got from Savvy, and her finger might be a little sore from shaking it at him, but otherwise it was delightful visit. Coa was so excited to have us stay with them and it showed. She happily gave up her room, shared her toys and even made us goodie bags for the ride home. How thoughtful!!
We swam, we talked, caught up on some Office, shopped, looked at model homes, played, played, played, and of course we laughed. A lot.
Oh, I had to include this pic. Well, first of all, it's so cute. Second, I wanted to be sure to share this blog Laura told me about. It's a girly do blog with step by step pictured directions on how to do cute hair. See cute pic for example. Click here to check it out!
14 comments:
Oh my gosh! Fred got married! That's so awesome!
I'm so bummed I don't live in Texas so I could be at your surprise party! It looked so fun (and your bangs had so much bounce really)
I agree with the turning 30. You are just full of wisdom. I'm not even being silly about that...you'll be giving speeches soon...
Happy Birthday I love you!!
What a fun trip! The kids are getting so big. Next time, there is a shakes at Old Denton and Hebron (i think....I know it's on Hebron, drove by last night)
Glad you had such a fun birthday! You look so agreat! I think that hair blog is going to be my favorite, I'm always looking for new ideas - thanks for sharing!
Happy Birthday!!
Happy late Birthday! A suprise party! Fabulous! Oh, and can I just say that your kids are so GQ adorable. I seriously laughed out loud at those faces at the wedding. It looks like you had a wonderful trip!
Love the pictures! Glad the trip was so great! And glad to have you back.
Happy Birthday Robyn! I was thinking about you but didn't know how to get a hold of you so Happy Birthday!!!. That's exciting about Fred and I'm jelous that Todd got to be there and not me.
When is you trip to Utah planned? I miss you guys
Kari
You trip looks like such fun! I am glad you had such a great time and that Tyler was such a great husband for your 30th birthday! You deserve it!
Happy Birthday! What a busy and wonderful time you have had lately!
Sounds like you had a great trip/birthday! The pictures are adorable! I hope I have the same outlook on being 30 in a couple of years!
Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so glad you had fun in Dallas, but it must be good to be home, too. I can't wait to hear all about your vacation shenanigans. We'll have to go to lunch to celebrate your BIG birthday!
Oh way to go Tyler & make Robyn's bday so special!! Logan's available anytime/any day if you need to go over pointers with him! haha. j/k.
Robyn, HAPPY BDAY AGAIN! My phone didn't have the best coverage in Lake Powell, but I hope you got my message! I Was thinking of you! Lots!
And grinning the entire time reading this post, like I was there or somethign. Y'all looked like you had a BLAST! I'm so glad!! Can't wait to catch up and play Up & Down or whatever that addicting game is called! =).
(oh and Logan made Tyler's cookies while I was gone...and no, they're not Tyler's cookies. So we basically cannot move unless y'all come with us...how will we live without those?)
Robin, I am so sad I missed you in Dallas! I am glad you had so much fun. I loved Mariah's birthday post, you are the most creative person I know! You are so fun and positive and such a great friend! Miss you!
Robyn! I miss you :) (This is Jenny Rosenlof) Glad you had such a good trip in Dallas. Looking at the pictures brought back memories-Erik and I got married in the Dallas temple. Anyways, I was checking out your pictures up close and I totally know one of Joana's siblings. I don't know if it's her brother or sister but I know the Nance's (wife's name is Catherine). Anyways- just goes to show you that it's a small world. They were in my ward growing up.
hey robyn... remember when i was just a little guy and for some reason your door was open and you and my sister were scared and my scrawny lil butt came over to protect you with my huge muscles???
those were the days...
anyway.. there should be a china dot on your map now and thats from me..
looks like your family is getting pretty big...
anywho.. happy days.
Post a Comment