Monday, July 21, 2008

Logan-isms

#1.
Ever since Logan started first grade, he would always tell me about his new best friend at school, Evan. Later in the year, he went to a birthday party for another classmate.

When he came home, I started asking him about the party and asked if Evan was there. He said yes. I asked him, "is he still your best friend?"

He sat there thinking for a long time. I even asked him the question again, and he told me to hold on he was still thinking about it. After a while he said,

"If I were to make a graph about our friendship, I would take that bar that goes up and fill it all the way, except take off about an inch."

What 7 year old kid, for that matter, what human being makes graphs about their friendships? Beats me, but I must say, there was no doubt how he felt about this little friend!

#2.
Last night Logan was pouring himself a cup of root beer. Tyler was watching him and saw that he was pouring it too fast and the fizz was looking like it was going to spill over. Seeing this, Tyler warned him, "Logan, slow down, you are going to spill that", to which Logan answered, "Dad, one thing you need to understand about me is that I'm a risk-taker." What the heck? Where does he come up with this stuff??

12 comments:

Megane said...

Hilarious! Logan is too cute! All your kids are.

Heitmann Family said...

What a kick!!

suely said...

I love this kid !!!
Love,
Mom

Melisa said...

Understand that about him, huh. You are in for some fun! He is so funny!

Jason and Teresa said...

what a kid! that is so funny

Heitmann Family said...

Ok memory lane here... I remember you being pregnant with Harrison and inviting like half the ward to your house for the 4th of July party. You were trying to demonstrate to the kids how to sit on a ballon and pop them, while pregnant mind you. We weren't laughing at you, we were laughing with you!! You just always have such fun ideas and love to live life. That is what I like most about you!!!

Jill said...

He gets his great personality from you Robyn and little bit from Tyler!

Bookslinger said...

Thanks for the link to my blog!

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh! He is hilarious! I love the funny things kids say!

Elle said...

He is so hilarious! I love the risk taker thing. John's newest thing is he says he has the power to change the color of his eyes so he'll run up to people at the store and yell "purple" and scare them to death and stare deep into their eyes so they will notice his now-purple eyes. Makes for hours of fun.

Elle said...

Navuoo on the 24th? I bet that was awesome!

Heather said...

Logan is such a funny kid. I cannot believe he even knows what a graph is enough to make a comment like that.