And boy did we cram a lot it. But it was so fun, we just couldn't stop!!
So here is how we spent Friday:
First thing that morning we went and bought Logan his own set of scriptures. He chose a nice blue cover with silver pages. He was so excited!
Then we were off to the airport to pick up some special guests. Grandma Mons came and brought our cousin Ellie (Jason and Heather's oldest) with her. We were so excited! We hadn't seen Ellie in over 2 years!!!
We made them little "Welcome to Texas" signs. And Texas was very welcoming with 70 degrees and sunshine. Ellie was dying to get into her new summer clothes she got just for this trip.
I was anxious to see how the kids would do after being apart for so long. After a few curious glances, they were talking and laughing like they never skipped a beat.
As far as her Aunt and Uncle, she couldn't believe "how tall Aunt Robyn is!" and was reminded of how much her Uncle Tyler looks like Uncle Todd. She called him Uncle Todd several times that weekend.
With weather this nice, it would be a crime to stay indoors. So we headed straight to the park.
Logan was all about playing football with his uncles and Vovo. He is quiet the little receiver.
Here is a celebration jump after they pulled off an awesome play. I'm blowing that picture up for his room.
Back at home there was more playing of cars,
and even washing of cars.
My dear Iowa friend, Amy, suggested we stop at the Cupcakery while in Dallas. I thought it would be a perfect place to take my nieces (we missed Jas and Van who were at school).
But we also let the messy boys come.
My favorites were the boston cream pie and cherry cupcakes.
After sugaring up at the Cupcakery, we were off to burn some energy at the mall.
We came home and played "Beauty Shop",
hide and seek,
6 comments:
How awesome....so glad to hear that you were surrounded by family for this wonderful occasion! Looks like you made the most of a whirlwind weekend!
I love the victory jump with Logan Tyler. I can't believe you got the picture in mid-air like that! Great job! I'm so glad I got to see you when you were here.
That picture of Logan doing a victory jump is FANSTASTIC! What a fun busy day! Did you like the cupcakery? It sounds divine!
I so wish that I could have been there. What an important week for Logan. I was there for his birth and always thought that I would be there for all the important things in his life. Okay I better stop before I get too sad. AHH pregnant hormones! Anyway glad my mom and Ellie were able to make it though. I look forward to hear about the rest of the weekend!
oh man this looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you had a great time!
What a fun looking trip! All that talk of sunshine just makes me wish it was warm here too! Those cupcakes look divine! Can't wait to see baptism pictures.
Post a Comment