Robyn turns 31 years young today. I have been graced by her presence now for 12 years. Quick math tells you we met when she was 19. She continues to richly bless my life, and the lives of others. These 12 years have brought us 3 children born in 3 different states.
Robyn is a thoughtful Mother. She’s constantly thinking of her children, and prayerfully plans activities for them. One of Robyn’s creative activities is spring break hotel. Spring break hotel found its roots a few years ago when funds were tight and we had no plans for spring break. She turned our home into a hotel and planned activities for the kids. This has turned into an annual event that our kids enjoy with their friends.
Robyn’s talents: Well organized, service oriented, great at planning events and activities, thoughtful, loving, people person. My first impression of Robyn was her level of maturity, and her outgoing amiable personality. She’s thoughtful of others and is a real nurturer. Robyn is motivated and a confident individual. Among her peers she see’s herself as equals and try’s to help others feel accepted.
Robyn is a friend to all. This isn’t just a statement but a fact. Robyn creates life long friends, not just acquaintances. Over the last 12 years we have lived in 3 states and she has stayed in constant contact with numerous friends. She truly sees the good in others, and loves them unconditionally expecting nothing in return.
These are just a few of the reasons I love this woman.
Funny Robyn Story: There are several funny stories about Robyn. One of my favorite stories has to do with “rip tides” at the beach which she misunderstood as reptiles in the ocean. Of course she runs out screaming at her brothers, and other innocent by standards to warn them that the life guard has spotted reptiles in the ocean and they should stay near the shore line. I have taken out quite a few of the details however if you’ve heard the story you can fill them in. Happy Birthday Robyn. Thank you for blessing our lives.
25 comments:
Happy birthday, Robyn! I feel so blessed to be one of those life long friends that Tyler mentioned!
I laughed out loud at the "riptide" story because I could just picture her acting it out when I first heard it.
I love this girl for many many reasons, including all those that Tyler mentioned. She has taught me how to be a better mother and a better friend and I will always be indebted to her for that. Plus, she is just so much fun to be around. She makes every situation better with her energetic personality.
One of my favorite stories about Robyn is when she almost killed me driving on the back of a four-wheeler where she was behind the wheel. It felt like she was going a hundred miles across the frozen Iowa river. It's my favorite story simply because I made it out alive.
Hope you have the best birthday ever, Robyn! Love you!
Happy Birthday Robyn! She is definitely one of my favorite people. She has such a warm & loving heart & is incredibly thoughtful of those around her.
My favorite Robyn story would have to be the one about the Ward Christmas Party. Her loving heart opened up to include an inactive member who "helped" her in setting up the slide show - nearly to the point where it wasn't going to happen! At the last possible moment it all came together (I wasn't worried) & she pulled it off beautifully!
Love you Robyn & hope you have a fantastic day.
Happy Birthday Robin! I hope you have a great day!
Oh my where do I start? To me Robyn is not only my sister-in-law she is in fact my sister! We have grown so close over the past years, we've laughed, cried and seen each other through a lot. I admire her in EVERY way.
One of our ealier funnier stories goes something like this. We had been married for a year and decided to try our hand at owning our own billing company. We went to Austin Texas for training. Our hotel was in the center of downtown. Upon arriving we learned we didn't pack toothepaste. We had some time so we left the hotel and walked to the nearest drug store. We opened the door and it was like in those old time movies when the music just stops cold. As we walked in to theis narrow store filled with people, we observed tons of tattoos and just well um people we hadn't come in contact with in our Utah paperbag world. Each seemed to take a sideways glace at us. Ruby and I not saying a word to each other quietly backed out and ran back to the hotel. We would have to find toothepaste somewhere else.
Happy Birthday Robyn! Love ya.
Jessica
Happy Birthday, Robyn!! Oh, man--I remember the rip tides story you told a couple years ago. That was probably my most favorite recipe club ever because of that hilarious story!!! Hope you have an awesome day!
Robyn has always been someone I admired. We did not always live close together but she always made an effort to reach out and include me. She would invite me to parties and sleepovers with her cool high school friends even though I was a younger, awkward, elementary cousin. She would take me out on cute dates and would make me feel so special. That has always stuck with me and made we want to do similar special things for my young nieces. She also made a special effort to come to my wedding, which meant a lot to me to have one of my cousins there.
Happy Birthday! I hope it is a great day!
How we love Ms Robyn in our house... Let me count the ways! Alec is currently obsessed with birthdays and once I told him it was your birthday today he's been singing to you all day long. :-)
Robyn, you truly are one of my favorite people. I love that we can have conversations that leaving me rolling with laughter, but also conversations where we can talk straight and serious and I feel the spirit.
I still cry every time I think about the day you randomly showed up at my door to play with and love my babies for an hour while I ran an errand. You love so openly and care deeply about so many people. What a gift it has been for me to be able to call you friend. Happy Birthday!
Chrissy
it's clear to see as soon as you meet robyn, that she's everything that tyler said about her! she has such a loving heart and is so thoughtful and considerate of everybody. i mean everybody.
for example: most adults either ignore or just talk briefly with van (my 6 year old), because he's just downright shy and won't say much to anybody. but robyn, even though we don't see her very often, makes a special effort to spend time with him and really get to know his cute personality that he only shows to those he feels comfortable with. she plays video games with him and reads him bedtime stories, and genuinely wants to get to know him. that really means alot to both van and i, and he's always excited to see her.
as a sister-in-law, i couldn't be happier to have her in my life. a wonderful example of an awesome mom and all around great person. i only hear raves about robyn and what an amazing woman she is by everybody that knows her.
not to mention that she is absolutely gorgeous! have a happy day robyn! love you!
Happy Birthday Robyn!!!!
Where do you start? Robyn is one of the best people I've ever known. Most people take years to reach certain levels of depth and maturity, but Robyn seems to have jumped the curve. She has the compassion and wisdom of one much older than herself.
Some of the things I admire most about her: her amazing level of compassion--I've never known a person who made such concerted effort to get to know people and make sure everyone has a friend. Next, I really admire how consciously she parents. Her kids are so lucky to have a mom who thinks and prays so consistently about how to do a fantastic job of raising her kids. And last for this list, Robyn always makes a person feel like she is one of their best friends. She has an amazing ability to really listen and engage in conversation with a person so that they feel her interest and attention to them.
I feel so lucky to have been able to meet her and be her friend. Happy Birthday Robyn! Love ya! Miss you!
Happy birthday! I sure love you! Even though we've only met a handful of times, the warmth you radiate lasts for a long time until I can see you again. HUGS!
Happy B-day Ruby!
Thanks for putting up with my wife and kids for the last nearly 2 weeks. Hope you all had fun.
waaaay too many Robyn stories to count!! I love that girl through and through and feel like it's been a blessing to have her. She made college life an easy step and made me comfortable and confident to start school up as USU. She's always taught me to be a better me...I love you Ruby!! You are so fabulous!!
~Michelle
Tyler-thanks for your heartfelt and thoughtful description of Robyn. I would only add that I think she is the perfect girl. She got the best of her Mom and Dad's genes, a rare combination of heart and discipline.
We wonder if she still gets sour cream all over her lips when she eats a baked potato...
Robyn, we love and admire you.
Mom and Dad
Robyn,
You are one of my most favourite friends! I treasure your friendship and am so glad that you lived across the street from me in Texas :)
Dana
Happy belated birthday Robyn. You are an inspiration in so many ways! Hope it was a good one!
Robyn, Happy Happy Birthday to you! What a sweet and funny post your husband wrote about you. You are truly an inspiration to all who meet you and get to know you for even a brief period of time. I admire you in so many ways and even though I no longer live near you, anytime I want to laugh or be motivated I just read your blog. I love how your husband wrote that you treat everyone as equals. Truly, that is an amazing quality to possess and I know that's exactly how you made me feel when I met you too. I hope you had a wonderful week of celebrating.
All of this is true! Robyn is a gem and so fun to have for a friend. She is the kind of mother I can only hope to be and that I look up to greatly!
Happy Birthday Robyn!
Hope you had an awesome birthday Robyn! Is that second to last pic the time the guy gave you $5? Do you know what I am talking about? Still one of my favorite mom stories of all time!
The last picture is "Homeless" Robyn who walked into a gas station sat down at a table and began rationing cereal out from a bag to her children (I was filling up the truck with gas.) A complete stranger walked up gave her $5 and told her to buy something for her and her starving children. Robyn tried to explain that she wasn't in need and only looked this way because she was 13 hours into a 16 hour road trip.
Robyn is definitely among the sweetest and funniest people I've met. IT's so true about the song "if you love others, others will love you"
Robyn is obviously very loved. Happy birthday!
Well, what can I add? When I read this post it made me cry because I feel so blessed to be friends with you and because Tyler is so sweet to say all those things (which I say ditto to).
I remember the funny little things that happened in primary and primary meetings, getting together at my house on Wednesday nights when our husband were at church meetings, and hanging out in your driveway on lawn chairs watching the kids play on Denise Ct.
You are a true friend and I love you for lots of things, but one of the things I really appreciate about you is how I can talk about the gospel with you so naturally and easily.
I hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed all these wonderful comments about you :)
Hello - I need check blogs more often, how did I miss this one????
Tyler - I think you've got to be the luckiest guy in the world being married to this gal.
Every person that comes in contact with you Robyn is seriously SOO blessed - you are the most creative, caring, spiritual, thoughtful, hilarious person I know. You are SO fun to tell things to, SO fun to listen to (seriously the rip tide story made me pee my pants when you told it at recipe club) you get so genuinely excited for other people. I am constantly amazed by your ideas, your ability to befriend everyone you come in contact with and the way you can relate to everyone! You are so loved and such an inspiration to SO many around you! I truly hope/pray that I can become an 1/8th of the mom and wife you are to your family. I feel so blessed that the Lord put me in contact with you & your fam during our short 2 years in Iowa - you really became our family and I'm itching to hang out again, well live next door really ;)
My favorite memories: Where do I start? ALL of the fun times at your house: Settlers Marathons, cooking, playing piano, Getting so excited @ the Obama rally b/c Oprah was there and we felt so star struck even though Oprah was on the opposite side of the huge building. Feeling so inspired @ that Mitt Romney lunch where we kept wanting to clap like crazy - haha. Our hot chocolate Starbucks date night just the two of us, shopping sprees @ Platos, and my favorite: OBSTACLE COURSE of 2008!! Oh my goodness I thought I'd die from laughing so hard, and from the potential spiders I was afraid were falling on me from trees. =)
You are the easiest person in the world to talk to - and I KNOW I'm so lucky and blessed to have become such good friends with you!!! You will always be my life long friend - and for that I am so incredibly grateful!!
Sorry this didn't come on your Birthday - I seriously can't believe I missed this post!! I love you to pieces Robyn (and miss Tyler & your kiddos tons too).
OK, I'm a little late, but every good memory from high school has Robyn in it. One of my favorites was when Robyn got three strikes in a row bowling and someone told her she got a Turkey. She began planning out this great meal we could have with a free turkey...thinking the bowling alley really gave out turkeys for people that got three strikes in a row. There were also lots of funny incidents when your family made "better-than-sex-cake." Love you Robyn! What a sweet tribute from your husband!
Robin changes tears to laughter with her kindness and service. She answered a mother’s prayer when she rescued my family whose Sunday drive ended in a collision.
Post a Comment