Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter in Iowa is very special. After a long, dreary winter, Easter brings hope of brighter days and a renewed earth. Very symbolic of the Easter holiday, indeed.

Easter is the first time we gather again as neighbors. We marvel at the growth of our offspring and occassionally are surprised that a neighbor across the street brought home a newborn babe in January.

This year we were thankful for decent weather to enjoy a neighborhood Easter hunt. So thankful to our dear neighbor, Peggy aka grandma, who has blessed our neighborhood with such special traditions.










On Sunday, the kids woke up to baskets right outside their doors. Since they received bundles of candy at the neighborhood hunt, I decided to make their Sunday baskets sugar free. (i did regift a few treats from the day before because tyler thought it a crime not to but any candy in a basket.)










I was poised and ready to shoot their reactions in the morning. Harrison of course gave the most vocal, enthusiastic one of all. He kept saying, "wow, I don't believe this!" "thank you mom!"








So thankful for the blessings of our Saviors death and resurrection. Because of this, I have hope to return to Him one day and be with my family for all eternity. There is no greater gift than this!





No comments: