Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Guy

This picture popped up today when I was transferring pics to my new computer. It was taken on Father's Day, 2010 and was never posted.

I took some time to admire this picture. Particularly the handsome man with that great, genuine smile. Of course there was a little bit of time admiring those kiddos.... oh what amazing, precious people they are.

But today, my thoughts turn to my guy.




He's a very busy man these days. He always has been a busy body... working hard, helping around the house, playing with his kids, coaching teams, fixing cars, hometeaching, snowblowing the neighbor's walk, etc.
But these days are a tiny bit busier. He is not only a father to this little family, but of our ward family. Whew. It's still a little strange to think about it, and sometimes we laugh because - really? You just don't think about it happening to you. These callings are for older, wiser, more spiritual people.
Even so, we are adjusting and learning.
And with all of this busy-ness and responsibility, he is still - mine, and ours. I see the kids in the picture surrounding their dad and I see total contentment, comfort, security, trust, and complete love.
And that is exactly how I feel in his arms too.

6 comments:

Heather said...

What awesome men the Mons boys are!!! Miss you guys.

sarita said...

I love this family!!!

Liz said...

He is such a great guy. He is always smiling! Good looking people it that photo all around.

Megane said...

what a precious post! he is a great ward father and you have such a wonderful family!

The Robinson Bunch said...

awww that is the sweetest!! you do have a good man! he is the kindest man I think I have ever met! so sincere in his words and gestures!...I love you and your fam. Ms. Robyn! :-)

Ashley said...

I still can't believe how long it's been since we've actually TALKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

And do we REALLY get to actually SEE y'all this weekend? I'm peeing my pants with excitement. Oh how I MISS you. BIG TIME.

I Love love Love your family too!!! For real though. ;)