One day Julie realized that 3 of her roomies from college all lived in Texas at the same time. She used her persuasive skills to convince her husband that this was a sign. She. Must. Come. toTexas.
I was lucky to get her for a few days before we all came together for a stellar reunion. Immediately upon picking her up, we headed to Threadgill's... a famous joint in Austin with downhome southern cooking, and the place where the live music tradition in this city began..
We did some shopping and visited various restaurants, including our family favorite: Hula Hut.
Jules earned her keep by cooking a delicious Indian dish. I've decided that food snobs are the best kind of house guests to have!
Cheri has been living in Austin for 6 years, and knew just the right place downtown to hang out. South Congress is abundant with shops, music, food trailers and Austin weirdness.
We headed to San Antonio, where roomie #3 is a Pediatric resident. Laura was able to squeeze us in to her insane schedule. More eating out, eating in and even more talking was the theme of the weekend. It had been 13 years since I had seen Laura. I'm so glad Jules came and brought us together. If the stars aligned for all 6 of us roommates to come together again, it would be a dream come true!

3 comments:
How fun for you, boneca. I am so glad that you and your friends have kept in touch and make the effort to be together when possible. You'll look great! Love you. Mom
Best trip ever! Thanks again for hosting me & driving all over Texas to get us all in the same place- love you Ruby!
How fun to reunite with old friends! We love you and miss you, keep blogging.
Post a Comment