My parents came for a visit, and they timing couldn't have been better. I had been feeling a terrible homesickness for my parents, and I was happy to have a date to look forward to. The plan was for them to fly into Austin, and have all the Dallas family come down for a visit at my house. We had plans to relax, play, eat and have a blast. My house was going to be packed and we were going to live it up.
Then my kids got really sick.
Plans changed, and my parents headed to Dallas to spend the weekend with everyone there. We stayed behind working hard to recover and not get too depressed.
As sad as that was, I was blessed to have some time with them, especially my mom who got to stay an extra day longer.
When they were here, it became apparent why I had been feeling so homesick. It turns out I needed to cry. A good, ugly cry. I talked and talked with my parents about everything and just let all the stress and anxiety out from the past year of moving and life changes with my family. Although they were probably certain I needed therapy and medication when it was all said and done, I on the other hand, felt as light as a feather. I had no idea that I needed that, but wow, I did! I feel like I've truly purged all of the stress of this past year and with their non-judgemental, understanding ears and nurturing hearts, I was filled with love and confidence to keep going. I'm sure my husband appreciated this as much as I did :)
They made the most of their time with our kids playing and being with them. I appreciate how much they truly care. They'll sit and listen to anything the kids want to tell them and are genuinley excited for any little or large accomplishment.
The Monday before mom left, her and I had the house to ourselves all day. We worked hard to rearrange some of my rooms and give it the same cozy charm that I remember from my childhood home. It was a short visit, but I was filled.
No comments:
Post a Comment