Sunday, November 26, 2006

Journal Entry





Our adventure to Utah:

We got up at 4:00 this morning to load up the kids for an adventurous ride to Utah. It all starts out pretty smoothly, until about 1 hour on the road. Logan got creative with his bottle of apple juice and was singing while making it dance in the air. Before we noticed what was going on, splash!!- apple juice all over. All over my pillow, purse and the floor. At snack time, Tyler picks up chocolate zingers to share. They are tasty, and Mariah manages to get some smeared on her clothes, and even wears it on her eyes. The next pit stop, I open the door to get out and my coat falls out. I pick it up, and see that it had landed on a dead mouse- blood and all still there! After squeeling like a school girl, I put it away until I can wash it. We go have lunch, and Logan decides he wants to sit at his own table. Thankfully we said he could, because within 2 minutes he had spilled his entire drink again!! Mariah decides she might get hungry later, and stores some of her chalupa all over her hair. Four hours later we find ourselves in the middle-of-nowhere Wyoming. It was the classic scene of a cowboy movie. Tumbleweed blowing across the highway, and no civilization in sight. Logan wakes up from a long nap crying because his shirt was soaking wet. After ruling out possible causes of rain or sleet, we conclude that he is wet due to drool. By now Harrison decides he’s had enough and wants to eat. We stop at a gas station with a taco bell inside. I go inside alone with all the kids while Tyler works on the car. It is freezing and windy outside, and I walk in without my coat( remember- bloody mouse), and 2 kids with stained clothes and raggedy hair. I sit and start feeding Harrison, and give the kids a snack to share. A kind stranger observes this pitiful scene, and filled with compassion for this poor mother of 3 walks up to our table and gives me a $5 bill and says, “here, take this.” I couldn’t believe it!!! We get in the car and Tyler is panicking. He is sure that he has left his wallet 4 hours ago in Cheyenne. We look all over and no wallet. I ask Logan to say a prayer. With faith, Logan asks that we will find the wallet. Thankfully, it was the Lord’s will, and the wallet was found safe and sound. One more stop in Evanston, and we are so close. Harrison is feeling left out of all the fun so he decides to add to the excitement and blows out of his diaper (mind you, he usually poops every 2-3 days), all over his clothes. His extra clothes are buried deep within the trunk of the car, and neither of us feel motivated to rearrange the car to find them. We spot his snowsuit, and problem solved. He enjoyed the rest of the trip in a snuggly snowsuit that restricted him from movement. How de we know he didn’t like it? Believe me, we know. He expressed himself loud and clear. Within an hour of arriving, all 3 children were settled and sweetly sleeping. Seventeen and a half hours later, we reach our final destination: Grandmas house.

No comments: