Sunday, July 15, 2007

Off to the Ozarks in Branson

I'm sorry that I'm so late updating my posts. Ever since our trip to Branson/Texas, I haven't had a chance to catch up!! Anyway, these are pics from our trip to beautiful Branson. Tyler and I were so impressed with what a beautiful area it is. Whenever I heard about Branson I always thought of old people and shows. (no offense Grandma :) ). But it is so beautiful, and so much do with a family. We could have used at least 3 more days. But, no complaints, we had a blast while we were there. Our good friends Ken and Wendy Crow and their 3 boys met us for a fun vacation. We both got some great hotel deals and in return for a 90 minute sales pitch. It was worth it! I'm still trying to figure out this blog stuff. To get the details of the trip in the order of what we did first and so on, you need to scroll to the bottom of this post and move up. Harrison loves, loves, loves the water. It was fun to see him so happy and
excited. I think we got a swimmer for life here.


This is how the guys spent the entire time. Trying to catch fish that were
everywhere. A few close calls, but none were caught.

The last day we went to a fish hatchery - stinky if you ask me- then to a beach area
at Moonshine lake.




Mommy and Mariah loved the elephant ride.

Logan and Wesley being brave and riding the coaster by themselves!

I think Tyler got really into this ride. Another whimpering ride for Mariah.
Logan with his best buddy, Wesley Crow, and Cameron too. They had so
much fun together. For this picture I said. "are you guys best buds? They
said, 'ya'. I said, show me what best buds look like." This is what they came up
with.
Here are some more pics at Silver Dollar City. Harrison was a trooper!


Poor Harrison. Fell victim to Tyler's famous lemon trick. Every one of our
children have had to endure the lemon torture, just to give their dad a good
laugh. Okay, I must admit that I had Tyler do this one so I could get a
good picture. They always cringe the first or second time, then they actually like
it.


The first night we were lured in to Dick Clark's cool looking American Bandstand
for dinner. It was a cute place, but nothing to brag about. I can't remember the
place we ate the next day for lunch, but it was one of those hole in the wall places
that all the locals go to- and it had to be the best bbq I had ever had. So don't be
like us and be deceived by the cool looks.

Logan and Mom racing other people up this tower. Of course we won, everytime :)
The next day we went to Silver Dollar City. I think it's one of the most beaufiful
amusement parks there is. It is nestled in the Ozarks (quite a work out up and down
the hills). If you click on this pic to enlarge, you will see Mariah's horrified face.
She kept whimpering on all the rides, but refused to sit out on all the fun. What a
brave girl!



Beautiful Table Rock Lake. The other side is Arkansas.
Family of quackers- Even Harrison joined in the fun!
Part of the fun for the kids, and okay, the adults too, is that we get to make lots of noise with our quackers. We quacked and quacked, and quacked.
Logan and Mariah even got to drive the duck!
First day we got there, we went on "Ride the Ducks".
A "Duck" is an amphibious vehicle that was invented by a woman and used in World
War II. We went on a tour of Branson in this vehicle on both land and water. (thanks
Ken and Wendy, I stole your description, it was perfect, what can I say?)

1 comment:

Heitmann Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!! Glad you got to enjoy some R&R. Miss you guys- keep the blogging coming.