Sunday, July 22, 2007

On the Road Again...

After our fun trip in Branson (see next entry), we headed to Dallas for a fun-filled trip. I have posted a ton of pictures, and will comment on them as we go. Thanks to our friends and family who made this trip so fun and memorable. Ready, OK! Here are some highlights. Of course they are not in order of what we did each day, I need a blog tutor or something.




Here are some pics from Cousin Camp. We went to John and Paula's and played games, decorated t-shirts, made crafts, had lunch and swam. It was a very fun day. Paula's nieces and nephews were visiting from Florida, so they joined in on the fun.



Here is Tyler playing hangman with Toccoa. He had no idea I was taking their picture, he just naturally flexes whenever he spends quality time with family


Logan learned how to play "Marco, Polo" at camp. Fun, and educational.


It's great to see Mariah in a pool this year. Last year she dressed the part, but would never get in.

Savannah, "midget" wondering who this rowdy bunch is in her house. Oooh, I could eat her!!






Okay, this pic is totally out of place. It should be with the other zoo pics. I just had to chuckle when I saw this picture because I look all sweet and smiley, but I was honestly so irritated in this picture. It was at then end of our zoo trip and I wanted a picture with my kiddos to show what a lovely, bonding day we had, and they would not sit still and started fighting (for the first time ever!) and whining. I wonder how many pictures we see of people just looking so jolly, but their really thinking, "oh my gosh I want to pinch you!" I'm sure I'm the only one!

Let the games begin! This was our first ever cousin camp, and it was fu-hun.

Logan - very serious about his t-shirt
Toccoa- a natural designer.
My children are thrilled to wear their new shirts, can't you tell? :) - Actually it really is one of their favorites now. They're just not going to like it while posing with them.



Hanging with Dad at the zoo.

We brought our own zoo with us! Look at this bunch of wild animals!




Paula and the girls. Who'd a thought in this family that the girls would actually outnumber the boys? Never in my wildest dreams, and I mean dreams.



We had so much fun visiting with friends. This is when we played with the Salways at their house. Great friends we are - no pics of us with their family, no - just took one of us enjoying their fun toys. Sorry guys!



It was such a treat to get together with my close friends Wendy and Jill and our hubbies for a fun date night. I miss you guys!!


We got together with lots of ward friends one day at Jill's house and brought our waterslide to share with everyone. Thanks Jill for all your wonderful hostessing.







We went to Lifetime Fitness for a fun "party" with uncle Freddy. This was the gymn that Tyler and I belonged to when we lived there. It was so amazing. It was like going to a resort everytime, and the kids loved the play area and the pools. And I loved that it was affordable, and of course loved to exercise there. A lot of my friends also went there so our kids would play together and we would exercise or go swim together with our families. You have no idea how badly we miss this place!!!

While at the pool we ran into several friends, including the Putnams. Here are Ben and Logan showing the lifeguards what real muscles look like!



Waterslides at the gymn. Isn't that awesome?!!


Ahh, vacation at Vovo and Vovo's house. It is the best. I love this picture of Logan, well sorta. It's kinda freaky because he looks too much like a teenager, hooked up to the ipod and playing an electronic game. But I do love it, because he had just finished a year of full day kindergarten and worked so hard and did so well. It was good to see him kick back and relax and just be a kid!
Mariah always has the funnest time at Vovo's house. She would actually move there if she had her way. She is crazily in love with my mom and loves to play with her. I love this pic because she is just chillin' at vovo's dancing with her baby in her panties.

I told you she loves her Vovo'. Her middle name is Suely, maybe that's why they can't get enough of each other!
Indulging ourselves on good ol' Spring Creek BBQ. The best in Texas! Well, I only went to one other place for bbq there when we lived there, but that's because Spring Creek is the best in Texas - why go anywhere else??



Even Harrison is hooked!


At Spring Creek with Uncle Freddy and Erik



Harrison attacking aunt Paula. He's going through that phase. At least I hope it's a phase.



Uncle Johnny and Harrison. Harrison does love you Johnny, promise.


Vovo is always willing to drop what she is doing to play with the kiddos. She is also very creative and makes up all sorts of games.


Aaah, good ol' "sweet face" by uncle Freddy. You should see his happy dance.




My baby. Can you believe I used to change his diapers and boss him around? I still do that. Well, boss him around, I mean.


I got to celebrate my 29th birthday in Texas. My best gift ever: my family! Cheesy, but true!




Harrison and Savannah. They are the same age difference as Logan and Toccoa. I wonder if they will make up games like "Baby don't get us" or "Ketchup don't spray me" too? It'll be fun to see...

****************************************

The End. Y'all come back now, ya hear!

*****************************************

3 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Fun blog! And fun trip! You guys are the funnest parents ever. If our kids find out how cool other parents are, they'll want to trade us in. Branson looks like a blast.

Jacob

Heitmann Family said...

Looked like you had a great time in Texas. I bet you miss the place. Kind of like we miss Iowa!!

The Jones Fam said...

Robin,
I was just reading your blog to identify why you think you are not funny in it and you are totally funny! I laughed out loud and snickered more than once! So there!

Natalie