We had a great visit with Vovo and Vovo' this past week. Here are some of the highlights:

Lots of music....


...and dancing

We went to a nearby lake for some paddleboating fun........

..... well at least one boat was having fun. Tyler and I were in another boat with Harrison who is not a fan of life jackets or paddleboating. My ears are still ringing from that fit!

Amongst all the chaos, there were a few quiet moments

This is the family at the annual Labor Day breakfast at church. Thanks to mom and dad, Tyler and I got to play beach volleyball and ultimate frisbie without having to swap and chase kids.

Mariah having a private lesson. Logan was very interested in learning as well, and was very excited to learn his first chord- E, I think it was.

We went to Logan's school and brought him a happy meal for lunch. He was so proud and happy to have us there. I wonder if he will be this excited when I join him for lunch in 7th grade?

This, my western-loving friends, is John Wayne's birthplace. It is here in Iowa, in a little town called Winterset. I thought dad might enjoy seeing this, and the scenic drive was very nice.....
and the ice cream was even better!
On Saturday morning we headed downtown for the Farmer's Market. You can't come to Des Moines and not try a "letter". It's a dutch pastry filled with almond paste- heaven- , and they are conveniently shaped in the letter "S", which is exciting for one with the last name of Sanders.
Tyler being a trooper fighting the crowds and keeping our little "brut" happy, well at least he tried.
Thanks mom and dad. We had a great time! Come again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment