Wednesday, December 19, 2007

December

Well, I thought I'd sneak a few pics in before we take off for our trip. We will be spending Christmas in Dallas, Texas! Yay for 60 degrees! See you next year.. (it's still as fun saying it as it was in elementary school!)

My beanie babies- Brr. It's been so cold here. We've had a few snowfalls and ice storms. It's been fun playing in the snow and sledding. And this year I finally got a nice winter coat. Makes all the difference in the world!

This year my friend Liz invited me to come make a gingerbread house with her. It is her special family tradition, and it was so nice for her to share it with us. When she called she said to plan on the entire day 6-7 hours. I thought, "sure, I'll just slap some candy and frosting on that thing and be done in no time." 7 hours later and cramps in my hands I was putting up my final touches. It was so fun! The time flew by because we were chatting the whole time. I haven't been able to find my cord to upload pics of my gingerbread house- I'll have to post it later. For now, enjoy my childrens' creations.
These homes kind of fit their personalities: Mariah's: a disorganized lean- to with as much candy as you can pile on it and no rhyme or reason to it. Logans: carefully constructed, small, yet stable and practical. Not too much fluff- color coded and simple. If you would like me to analyze your child's gingerbread house, I would be happy to do so for a small fee.

5 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

Love the analysis of the gingerbread houses. You're a crack up! Have a great trip! Hope to see you back sooner than later!

Cara said...

Have fun in Texas! I love the gingerbread houses, but I want to see the picture of yours too. Have a Merry Christmas and say hello to the family!

Melisa said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time in TX! We'll be enjoying a white Christmas here. Brrrr

Please don't forget to put up the gingerbread pictures. I'm awful at those things and I would love to see how yours turned out. I need help.

Heitmann Family said...

Each kids sure makes their personality traits apparent in their design huh?!! That is great. Have a great time in Texas, enjoy the good weather!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Tyler and Robyn,

Happy New Year!!! Had a lot of "experience" during the holidays. Sure would love to share those eventful memories with all of you.

From,
Kenneth