Friday, June 27, 2008

Sick, Sick Sick!

Oh man. I feel so sick. I cannot find my camera anywhere. I am always so careful with it. And of course I lost it after the first day of having Jessica and the boys here. This just makes me sick...
Luckily Jessica took lots of pics, and I will put up a post about their fun visit here soon.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the phone calls and emails concerned about our safety with the floods. I am so sad for those who have been devastated by them. There has been a lot of work to do here. We got really close ourselves. We live close to a lake, and at one point, it reached to about 5 houses down from us. Thankfully it stopped raining and we are in the clear!

We're just hanging in there enjoying summer. Today was a fun day. I saw that today, in 1859, the song, "Happy Birthday to You" was written by some lady in Kentucky. So the kids each chose a stuffed animal to have a birthday. I gave each of the kids a gift bag and let them go "shopping" in our "toy store" ,aka playroom, to pick out a present for their animal. We baked cupcakes and each got a candle. And since I was too tired to plan a whole bunch of b-day party games, we headed to Chuck E Cheeses with animals, cupcakes and gift bags and had our party there. I spent $5 in tokens, then we went to the booth, lit our candles, sang Happy Birthday of course and opened presents. We brought sweet neighbor girl, Chloe and her frog along as well. So here's to you our fine stuffed animal friends, hope it was a good one!
This weekend should be pretty laid back and uneventful. Just what I'm looking for! What are you up to this weekend?

5 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

Glad to hear you guys are safe.

Chrissy Jo said...

Such a fun and creative mom! I hope you find your camera soon! I too would feel sick if I couldn't find mine. :-)

Elle said...

Did I already post that losing my camera is contagious??? I'm sorry.
But I might have to stop reading your blog for the sake of my self esteem if you don't settle down being the most fun and amazing mom. I mean, really! How do you find the energy to do it all?? You're amazing.

Cara said...

Yep, you get the award for worlds most creative and fun mom! I hope you find your camera, doesn't it just make you sick to your stomach when things like that go missing?

Angela said...

So you just happened to see on TV or something that it was the anniversary of THE song and it ended with all of your kids (and other people's kids) amazingly happy and entertained at Chuck E Cheese? (with cupcakes)

Wow. You actually used the words in your blog "and since I was too tired...."

(Wow!)