Friday, July 18, 2008

Do I Dare..

make a post without including at least a picture? It's so not me, but I don't have a camera yet.

I have been just a ball of emotions all week, and unfortunately that doesn't make me the best mom to live with right now. I'm hoping if I get them out that I can get back to work and have my bounce back. So here are the 3 emotions that I have been feeling strongly all week:


Very Grateful:

My dad called with great news- his cancer is pretty much gone! Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer right after Christmas. They called to tell us after they had found out for sure and what the outlook would be. I am one to be pretty worried and dramatic with this kind of news. But my parents were so peaceful and so full of hope and faith when they called, that I couldn't cry about it. I was concerned, but I felt an immediate peace.

This week they went in and the results were better than expected. His doctors would have been happy with a level 1-4. His came back at: 0.1. Stellar!

I've been so very grateful this week for my dad and all that he has been through. I'm so touched by his faith and submission to Heavenly Father's will. And I'm forever grateful that His will was to heal him.


Very Sad and Kinda Lonely:

3 of my dear friends, who are not only my friends, but true family friends are moving this month. I've been so heart broken about this. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a girly- friend type of girl. I understand that this is just part of life, great people come and go, and even though we'll be in touch, there is great sadness. One thing I can say is that I know the Lord knows me and has always sent wonderful people into my life who have blessed and uplifted me.

Very Happy:
I have been praying a lot for comfort and happiness. I was blessed with those feelings yesterday as I spent time with my children. With all that is going on, I just looked at them and was overwhelmed with joy and knew that as long as I have my family I will be fine. One day recently, Mariah saw me crying. I told her I was feeling sad to see my friends leave. She gave me a big hug, and while stroking my hair she said, "don't wowry mommy, I'll be your best fwiend." How wouldn't that cheer anyone up?


Oh, I knew it. I just can't post without sharing a picture. Can you believe this little guy will be 2 in a few weeks? Great. Now I'm feeling some more extreme emotions. Excuse me....

12 comments:

Cara said...

The great thing about you is that you so easily make friends - whoever and wherever! So glad to hear the news about your dad, what a blessing!

Megane said...

That is great about your dad! I think your emotions are just perfect for the feelings many of us have when friends come and go. Now we just have to be excited to make new ones soon! What a cute picture! Did you lose your camera?

Chrissy Jo said...

Robyn, I'm so happy to hear about your dad! Hey, can I be your friend? Speaking of which, Alec had way too much fun at your house! The rest of the day he kept trying to say "Harrison!" and "Bike". What a sweet picture of your little guy!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

My heart lept when I saw a new posting on your blog (can you tell I'm addicted?). Congratulations to your Dad and your family. That is great news! Matt's Dad also has prostate cancer, and we have been so blessed with the huge strides in treatment over the last 5 years. Heavenly Father is certainly looking out for all of us. I know you are sad about the friends who are moving away, but don't forget that there are a few of us left who are ALWAYS here for you, too. We MUST have that lunch we've been talking about for weeks. And for Harrison: time flies, doesn't it??

suely said...

Hi Robyn

Thanks honey for your tender thoughts about me. I appreciate them very much. It's very important to me to set a good example for you. It's even better to see that you recognize it and can use it for your benefit.

Very much enjoyed your narrative about the visit of the cousins with your kids. They will remember these good times forever.

Hope you are feeling more cheerful as I write you now.

Love

Dad

Melisa said...

I'm so happy to hear about your dad!

I know what you mean about the friends moving. We are in a college town and people leave every summer. It is so hard to get attached and then have them leave. :(

Anonymous said...

Robyn, You never told me about your Dad. I'm so sorry I couldn't imagine possibly loosing two of your fathers to Cancer. I'm so happy for you!! I'm sorry that your friends are moving. I wish we were closer than a few states away so we could hang out and be better friends. Happy Birthday to Harrison. When your kids turn another year older you can't help but be a little emotional.

Jason and Teresa said...

you are a true friend that really feels for other people. I think when it really hits me I will be very sad too, to see all these friends leave. We should go out for ice cream when the sadness hits again.

Heitmann Family said...

awesome news about your Dad. And I am sorry about the friends moving away. From experience...they are going to miss you just as much as you are missing them. I still miss you guys out there in Iowa!!! I think I always will. You were my family away from family-
I hope you have a wonderful week!!!

Elle said...

Ruby, you didn't tell me about your dad- I am so relieved!! That is great news.
I'm so sorry about the friends. I know how that feels and I don't want you to be lonely!! Know that I think of you every day (at least)
Lv
M

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad your dad is on the clear.

I'm sorry about your friends leaving. It's hard isn't it. Just always remember the good times you had with them and cherish it. I called you last week but no answer. When you're on the computer does a loud buzzing noise come on?

If you need someone to talk to I have this week open:)

Juliana said...

That is wonderful news about your dad! I'm sorry to hear your friends are moving... and so happy to hear that you have such a great attitude! What a great example you are to all of us!