Iowa Cubs- Perfect weather and best fireworks. Sure the beer is great there too. I settled for funnel cakes.
Downtown Farmer's Market: Amish Pies, Dutch Letters, and Sweet corn picked that morning, and dancing in the streets (to a guy strumming his guitar to a song about Preparation H? At least it had a good beat. And he's right, you just can't deny the soothing relief.)
Labor Day breakfast with the ward and Beach Day: Waterfights and Volleyball
Down Time:
Highlight of the Visit: Eating out on the deck every night, delightful weather, corn, and perfect company!










6 comments:
Oh Robyn!! Your post just made me miss Iowa even more than I already do! The Iowa Cubs games, farmers markets, Racoon River park and beach.........Oh I miss it!
I'm so glad you had such a good time with your family! It was so neat to meet your mom, as well. I can see why you always speak so highly of her!
Looks like a rowdy good time! Have I told you about our farmer's market here? Four pickup trucks in the HyVee parking lot. Pretty awesome.
Glad they got to come, including your cute grandma!
So good to see you this week! I might just have to come "clean" everyweek! Thanks so much for the help!
I miss Raccoon River! I miss that corn. They don't get that goodness here. (The corn they sell here is probably from Mexico.) Do you love Iowa more than you loved Texas? Did you ever love Texas?
Our labor day wasn't that awesome but I'm not complaining either. I think I showed the kids videos and I took a nap.
Looks like you had a great time. I love Iowa.
When did you cut Mariahs hair?
Looks like so much fun, we might just have to come for a visit!
Post a Comment