Thursday, September 25, 2008

Modest Ward Campout!






So,we had our first ever ward campout last weekend. It was a lot of fun! I took tons of pics, but mostly of other people and their families.

Because I'm thoughtful like that.

I went feeling really nervous because I had a dream the night before that I showed up to the campout in a skimpy nightgown thinking it was absolutely appropriate. As I walked around and saw everyone whispering and making comments, I kept saying, "stop judging me!" My whole dream consisted of me in this nightgown walking around camp begging people to stop judging me.

I'm happy to report that I showed up fully dressed and if people were judging me, I couldn't hear it. I did have the camp rigged, so I will be hearing the tape tonight. There may be some of you that will get a talking to....



p.s- to my dsm 2nd peeps: I am printing all of these and hanging them up at church. You can take your pic when I'm done displaying them.

9 comments:

sarita said...

You ARE so thoughtful like that! Sorry you've been sick and sorry we keep playing phone tag---I'll call you tomorrow, ok?

Kelly said...

I love your posts. They always make me laugh. You all did a great job on the ward campout. We had a lot of fun. Although Austin keeps telling me how nervous he is to be out in the dark.

joana said...

i had a dream that i was up at 3:19 a.m. reading your blog because i couldn't sleep...oh wait, that's really happening.
thanks for some middle of the night entertainment!sounds like you guys had fun

musson said...

Gotta love those dreams and how real they seem! Jeesh!

Anonymous said...

You know Tiff would have shown up in a nightgown like that or just her one piece pjs ;)

Dang I came to that ward at the wrong time. Camp out? How fun is that?

It's so fun to see your family staying busy.

Are you ready for the holidays? I'm sure your hubby will be making lot's of yummy cookies like always.

Hope you are well.

Cara said...

Looks like fun - so were you in charge??

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun and if you were in charge I'm sure it was a blast.

Wendy Crow said...

I'm glad that you didn't wear your skimpy night gown. That is so like you to yell, "don't judge me" to everyone! Thanks for the laugh!

Wendy

Anna Linnea said...

That is so dang funny! I hate dreams like that! Your right though; they would have no right to judge you for such a thing! The nerve of them. :). I tried looking at Michelle's blog, but I guess she made it private (maybe she heard we were coming!). Tell her hello for us though!