Sunday, October 05, 2008

Walking with Dinosaurs...

I was about Logan's age when my family made a long road trip across the state to visit Dinosaur Park. I assume my attitude was that of any 7 year old boy that had just been told we would be visiting a museum. Walking into the large museum the first time and seeing these massive creatures was an awesome sight. I still remember my dad reading me the stats of the different dinosaurs, and translating that into a little boy's reality. The trip to Dinosaur Park with my family was a memorable experience for me as a young boy.
A few weeks ago here in Des Moines I heard an advertisement for an upcoming attraction " Walking with Dinosaurs." I quickly secured tickets to the event which took place this week. If you're ever given the opportunity to see this show live it's well worth the money. I have included some pictures from our experience.


Logan wasn't scared at all, this is the way he always looks :)




Click on the T-Rex to watch a brief video:

10 comments:

Melisa said...

That looks so awesome! We wanted to go to that!! Now I'm sad we didn't go!

SJINCO said...

I took my son to this when it visited our town and I thought it was spectacular! He loved it too which helped :)

Heitmann Family said...

Ayden would have loved it. We went to an exhibit of moving dinosaurs at the old Science in Des Moines. He loved it but was a little scared (he was only three at the time). They moved, made noise and you were actually walkig amongest them. Really cool that you got to go and see the dinosaurs!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I wish I remember that event as a child, but I don't probably because I was to young but I have a cute picture of me sitting on dads sholders and you boys around him.

Angela said...

I saw a program on PBS about how those were made and it actually didn't look that cool of a show to me. I'm glad to hear you and the kids liked it. I might reconsider my opinion if/when they come to DFW.

Team Dana said...

Cute blog! Hope you don't mind me stopping by to see what you're up to! Glad to see you are doing well!

Megane said...

I am so glad you guys remembered your camera! We forgot ours, now I am kicking myself, because it was soooo cool! All of our kids were a bit scared but LOVED it after it was over. What a great memory this will make for our kids!

Shelly Kenison said...

That looks so cool I hope that it comes to Utah sometime, my boys would love it. Glad to see you guys are having such a great time.

Sylwia said...

that sounds really fun. by the way i really enjoy reading about your family especially the funny things logan says..

sylwia

Anonymous said...

Scary but oh so fun!