Tuesday, October 28, 2008

FHE -Special Edition



For FHE (Family Home Evening), we had a bit of a theme, with Halloween this week. Our lesson was on how Scary our lives would be without the gospel. Here's what was shared:


Dad: His life would be scary because he probably wouldn't have the right priorities in life and would most likely be seeking happiness in worldy things.

Mom: Without the restored gospel in her life, she wouldn't be sealed to her family for this life and eternity. Now that is scary!

Logan: This guy would be scared because without the gospel, scriptures and a living prophet, he wouldn't know what he needed to do to live with Heavenly Father someday.

Mariah: She is especially thankful for the gospel, because otherwise she would be scared of Ghosts everyday.

Harrison: He is not scared of anything. He just threw pillows at dad and did somersaults off the couch.




Cheers for root beer floats.

It's pretty much become a tradition that anytime they get the rare priveledge to drink something other than milk or water, there will be cheers heard all around.


And for some sweet moments as of late to note:

Logan bore his testimony for the first time in his little life. He leaned over to me in sacrament meeting and said that he wanted to share his testimony on how life is not fair. I reminded him that bearing our testimonies is for sharing what we know to be true, etc. He went up, and I was not quiet sure what he would say. He shared the sweetest most childlike testimony on feeling the spirit when he read his scriptures one night. I was touched, and I hope he was too.


Mariah found a dime in the parking lot and excitedly exclaimed, "mom! I'm going to give this to Heavenly Father so we can build more churches!"

8 comments:

Sylwia said...

fun idea for fhe!

Laura Bernard said...

Too cute. And again, so creative. And as for that holiday in November, plan on us!

Haylee Mollerup said...

Such a cute idea Robyn!! And I LOVE what Harrison got out of the lesson!!! FEARLESS boy he is!! :)

Shelly Kenison said...

What a fun family night.Way to Go Logan it still takes a ton of courage for me to share my testimony.

Jmons said...

So creative with fhe. You always have the best ideas.

I actually would have loved to hear his thoughts on how life isn't fair, that could have been entertaining.

Angela said...

I love that idea. I immediately started talking to Lily about "scary life without the gospel" but the MOOD wasn't right. We'll have to make a special night of it when I can make the setting more...atmospheric.

joana said...

you guys are the cutest! i love fhe! tell logan good job from uncle freddy and aunt joana

Cara said...

What a fun fhe idea - really will you just write a book so we can all benefit from your creativity - just make me a calendar ;)