Monday, October 13, 2008

Dear Middle Child Mariah,




After years of standing at the sidelines watching your big brother go off to school, play a sport every season and go to swimming lessons, I am happy to inform you that it is your turn! You were always so patient and supportive while waiting for your special moments.

And you were so forgiving last year when mom forgot to sign you up for swimming lessons even though you were old enough and so ready.

So let's take a moment and celebrate a few of your milestones:

First Day of School:

You started preschool!! We talked about it all spring ever since the orientation. It was so easy to motivate you to do just about anything because all mommy had to say was, "well, I guess you might not be ready for preschool then...".

We were both so excited we could hardly stop talking about it all morning. Harrison and Mommy took you out for a happy meal to celebrate before dropping you off. You always wanted to go to school in a bus, but you were still happy just pretending you rode the bus to school.







First Field Trip and First Ride on a Bus!

We looked forward to the Apple Orchard trip with much anticipation. When mom was able to make arrangements to go, you were so happy, but made sure she knew that she could drive her own car, but that you would be riding with your friends on the bus. It's okay, I totally understand. I had fun driving up with other moms and talking about how crazy teenage girls are these days and how we never want you to grow up.






I must admit I had a few concerns about you going to school. You are such a free spirit. But you have taken school seriously and have exceeded my expectations!






What makes your parents most proud is the letters we've received home from your teachers thanking you for being such a kind friend and peer to your classmates.







First Ballet Lessons:



As much as you love twirling and dancing with mom at home, you were ready to start at a real school. You have no idea what joy this brings your mother. I cannot describe the skip in my heart the first time I peeked through the glass and saw you with a hot pink feathery scarf around your neck, and watched you tip-toe across the room with your ballerina friends. I still look forward to every Wednesday to take you to ballet.



Pretty much everything about you makes me smile!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is such a cutie!!!

Congrats on 10 years!! that is a big milestone, we just celebrated ours and I can't believe life goes so quickly!

Ted and Hilery said...

Mariah is such a cute girl. I look forward to when Nora is doing big girl things but at the same time I just want her to stay home with me and be my little girl forever.

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet post. I can't believe she is old enough for all those firsts. She is such a beautiful little girl.

The Robinson Bunch said...

oh Robyn, this post is just so sweet! you made me cry. how blessed your kids are for having such a great mom! what cutie mariah is, I just love being around her just so I can be in her world of princesses and beauty and everything to perfect! :) LOL....happy anniversary once again! Love, Tiff.

Jmons said...

cute! cute!! cute!!! How did you guys create such a cute little girl. I could kiss her face off.
Todd M.

joana said...

she really is a gorgeous, sweet, girl. we love and miss you mariah!

Chrissy Jo said...

Oh what a sweetheart! I love watching Mariah. She makes me so excited to have a little girl! I LOVE LOVE the ballet pictures!

Laura Bernard said...

Tender little moment, you sweet mommy, you! She is a doll, as always.

Love the great photos! What a lucky girl!

Elle said...

Oh my gosh she is adorable. I just want to squeeze her! The dancing pictures are pricless.
~M