Saturday, October 25, 2008

Seasons Change

Fall is in the air. And in Iowa, fall is most everyone's favorite. It is so beautiful here. It's a funny little trick to get us to fall in love with this place, and then we get slammed with winter. But lets think happy thoughts. Here's what fall brought upon us:


Well, leaves of course. Harrison is a huge helper. If he sees anyone working on something, he is right there helping. He spent hours outside with Tyler yesterday working, and playing of course.

Fall brings the anticipation of Halloween and that = sugar wars. The kids want candy at every meal and it isn't even Halloween yet. I tried to hold off on buying it (mostly so I don't sneak into it), and just bought some this weekend for trick or treating this coming week. No matter where I seem to hide it, Mr. Harrison will find it. Yesterday morning, I came downstairs and he was sitting on the couch sucking on one of these with the rest surrounding him.


Fall is time to plan fun parties. These fun girls in the neighborhood threw a fantastic party for the kids on our street.


Of course we looked forward to it all week. Especially Mariah who gets super excited about everything. That night before the party, I had to run and pick Logan up at his friend's house. When we pulled in, we found this little tiger sitting patiently at the door.

Harrison handled the costume thing much better this year. He was a darling little Lion who had finally found his happy heart.





Street kids.

The party was in the garage and they had it set up so nice. I especially enjoyed standing to the side with the other moms and cracking up at the kids. There was so much personality there. My favorite was the dancing, of course. And no, I did not dance and embarass the kids. There was some swaying of the hips and toe tapping, but very subtle.




Logan, my competitive Logan. They announced a mummy wrapping contest and he was all over it. He worked so hard on this kid. When they announced the winners, Logan and his buddy won, but they only gave prizes to the kids who were wrapped. That was a huge swallowing of the pride moment for him....


He came to me for a reassuring hug and encouragement and off he went to tear up the dance floor.



As excited Mariah gets about parties and such, she is the one to stand back and be completely content to watch all the action. This is the only activity that she participated in - The scary pumpkin contest.


Harrison scored on all the candy, chips and punch while the other fools were busy playing and dancing. He had the time of his life.



Fall means football. Logan ended his football season with a bang. He is really starting to get more and more into his sports. By the end of his season, he was really wanting those touchdowns. He was blocking so well. I've never been so proud to see him pushing other kids around.


Dad's final pep talk of the season.




After the game we were off to Happy Joe's to watch 11 crazy boys play arcades and eat pizza.


His football team is all from the same grade at his school. It has been a great experience for him to get to know so many of the kids. They are all sticking together for basketball season- starting next week!


Logan's biggest fans!

9 comments:

Angela said...

Man! There is so much I don't know where to begin with the comments! Happy Joe's = happy memories!

When does fall come in TX?

I love the costumes and Harrison's love of candy is so cute! I usually eat all/most of the kids' candy every year and they conveniently forget about it. I don't know what I'm going to do this year since I'm supposed to not eat sugar! The dog, maybe?

sarita said...

So glad to see that Tyler pulled through with Harrison's lion costume--and it suits him perfectly!

I love the family picture at the end of the post; you look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Such cute costumes! Good job Logan on your football season!

joana said...

how fun! we love fall too...great pics! can't get enough of your cute updates...we miss you guys!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

SO cute! We can't wait to see all the kids dressed up on Thursday & Friday night. Great job to Logan for a fantastic football season. I think you're going to have more than one athlete in your family, so get ready for jam packed Fall weekends! It's only another year or two & Harrison will be out there, too!

Cara said...

I love fall too, I just can't think about what's coming around the corner with the cold weather - enjoy the moment :)

suely said...

What a wonderful post!
Logan, vovo and vovo are so proud of you and the great football season you had.
Way to go!!!!!
And how about that kitten! Mariah, you are so cute and so precious!!
The little lion is the cuddliest lion I have ever seen.
I want to hug and kiss them all.
I love the family picture. You and Tyler look great.
I miss you so much it hurts.
Love,
Mom

Jmons said...

I'm not sure if its just the post pregnancy hormones kicking in but that post got me really teary. I miss your kids and you guys so much. Its neat that your neighborhood did that, looks like you had a ton of fun. I hope one year we can get all the cousins together around halloween. Not in arizona though, they skip right over fall. I'm missing all the changing leaves and the colors and pumpkins patches.
Miss you guys.

Elle said...

Okay are you get getting more and more lovely or dost my eyes decieve me? You look so great in the last pic! I love your shirt!
And I am absolutely in love with the picture of Mariah waiting in her costume at the door.
~M