Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giddy

On Wednesday I was giddy.

First of all, I was with my husband and kids again after a 5 day getaway by myself.

Then Tyler declared, "Family, it is time to get our Christmas tree!" And then I got even giddier. You see, I love picking out Christmas trees. It just fires me up and gets me in the Christmas spirit.

So off we went to the small farm town of Cummings. It was a short 20 minute drive, and I'm sure I said "isn't this SO exciting!" at least 100 times.

Here's the gang at Howell's tree farm.


We surveyed our options....


and were off on our quest for the perfect tree.


Everyone helped, but after an hour of searching, these balls came in really handy.




The giddiness returned when we finally found our tree. They chopped it down before our eyes and brought it in. Mariah wanted to make sure they didn't lose it on the ride back.


Once we got home, we wasted no time dressing it up and making it our own.


My that tree looks a lot bigger once you bring it inside!

Everyone was in on the decorating action..

...well, almost everyone. After trying to crush several balls, he was banned from touching the tree. He didn't take that very well.


If we weren't already giddy enough, look what we came home to! A package from the North Pole!!!



It came with a binder full of stories to read each night before Christmas and two beautiful books!

Wow! What a day!

10 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

So fun! (man...I want to come back from a 5 day getaway)! That tree looks MASSIVE! Good thing you're so tall and have long arms (I am so laughing out loud right now at myself). Glad your back! What a fun present from the North Pole....ahh I love the holidays!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh we could use you to reach the top of our tree. I think it's only six feet tall and it's actually not a tree it's stackable boxes. Hey, we're in Seattle so cutting down a living tree would be horrific. We might get red paint sprayed all over our front door. Okay so that's a lie.

Beautiful tree though.

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

What a big, beautiful tree! I'll bet your house smells all piney & delicious.

Ashley said...

LOVE the memories y'all are making - shopping for Christmas trees was one of my favorites growing up. And now we just have fake and burn a pine scented candle, but hey, one day when we are actually allowed to have real trees you can bet we're going to pick a real one out!!

I've had laryngitis the past week, but I think I'm finally getting my voice back (big indicator is that people aren't looking at me like I'm half-man or mute anymore which is nice) so expect a phone call this weekend!! ;)

We love and miss y'all more than you know!

Liz said...

1. Please post a picture of the finished tree.

2. You look like a ballerina decorating her tree. So, so graceful!

3. Logan and Mariah are darling in that last photo.

joana said...

wow i'm impressed! hunting your own Christmas tree! you're just like the griswold family.
the closest we've ever come to that was hunting the parking lot at wal-mart to find the cheapest one:)
greats pics!

Chrissy Jo said...

Oh how fun! I think next year we'll try the real tree. It looks like you had a lot of fun!

Elle said...

This made me giddy too! My kids kept asking why I was giggling at the computer.
That tree looks huge! It's beautiful. Nice work!

Wendy Crow said...

How fun to have the tree actually chopped down in front of you. So, who was Santa? Are you coming here for Christmas?

suely said...

What a great experience!! The only time we did that was when we lived in Olympia, WA.
Tyler has such good ideas! Good job finding the perfect tree.
Show us a picture of the decorated tree.
Logan and Mariah are so happy and cute holding their gift from the North Pole!! You know you are only making it harder to tell them the truth later, right? But it has to be special while it lasts...
You and Tyler are such good parents; creating these memories is one of the best things about raising kids.
Poor Harrison!! Let him break some of the balls... they are cheap :>)
Love you guys.