It was the perfect chance to run to Walmart and grab a few must-haves for the weekend. I told Harrison to "grab your coat, we're off to Walmart. And since I love you so much, you can have a horsey ride too!" He didn't have to be told twice. I grabbed 2 quarters (sorry Logan, I'll pay you back) and buckled him in. I looked over and realized that my purse was with Tyler. No money. No shopping. I glanced back at Harrison happily waiting for his horsey ride and I just didn't have the heart to tell him we weren't going.
It was -6 degrees, and I was heading to Walmart. Just for fun. On a Friday night.
We ran in and told the greeter, "no thank you" when offered a cart. I swung him around to my back and bounced on over to the toys. He immediately grabbed one of those popper toys that you push and walked every aisle. We stopped at every car that had buttons to push. Our favorite was the pimped up PT Cruiser that played "Living the Vida Loca." When he was ready, we moved on....
..To see the fishies. He took his time staring at them. I tried not to get grossed out by all the dead ones. When he was ready we moved on...
...To ride the horse. He smiled the whole time and kept leaning over to give me kisses. When he was ready we moved on...
...To get multiple drinks out of the drinking fountain. We held hands and walked out of the store, and I enjoyed a kiss from him here and there. When he was ready we moved on...
...To the car where we both grunted and brrrd from the cold.
We came home and immediately jumped into jammies and he even requested his robe.
And then we enjoyed a delicious meal of turkey bacon and cereal.
Harrison, thanks for a wonderful time!

(shared soley for the purpose of preserving a memory.)