Saturday, February 21, 2009

Logan's Baptism

Logan's baptism and confirmation will be one of the most special days of my life. It was one of those moments as a parent that makes all the hard work worth it. The spirit that was with our family that entire day was very special.

This day was planned months ago in a special Family Home Evening. We talked about the need for baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. Then Logan put together his program and called everyone that evening to invite them to participate.

Soon we were on a fun road trip to Dallas.



When we arrived, Logan had a package from his Aunt Jessica waiting for him. Inside was this special towel. Logan was very touched by this gift.



The morning of his baptism, we headed with some of our family to the temple. It was a beautiful day, with clear blue skies and spring flowers in bloom.



It was a peaceful place to start off such a special day.


We sat at the temple and shared our favorite scriptures with Logan while he marked them in his new scriptures.


After a spiritual morning together, we headed to the Coppell chapel.



You should've seen the way this boy beamed. I know that Logan understood the sacredness of this ordinance and that this was purely his choice and desire.


We were so blessed to share this day with so many loved ones. Here is all of the family that was able to come. My Grandma flew in from California. Grandma Mons, Cousin Ellie and Uncle Peter all flew in from Utah. We were very touched by all of the help and support from our family. We know that more of the Mons family would've liked to come, but felt their love and support as well.

Logan wanted to celebrate his 8th birthday with his cousins, so we put off his party until we were in Dallas. So off to Chuck-E-Cheese we went!






Logan's baptism was also Valentine's Day. We reserved the conference room at Spring Creek BBQ for a big *romantic* family dinner.


Since it was Valentine's Day, we had a rose and chocolate ceremony for the kids and grandparents. It was nice to recognize each of them and share things we loved about each other.
We were so thankful to share this special time with so many loved ones. We are so thankful for the true gospel that gives our life purpose and blesses us with so much joy!

6 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

Sounds like an awesome day! (I need to start keeping a list of all the cool things you do for special occassions.) I'm sure Logan will remember his baptism day for a long time. He is one amazing guy--and a huge part of that is due to your great parenting.

Jmons said...

What fun memories. Thats great so much family came to support you. I think we will be taking Tanner back and baptizing him in Utah in December. So many cousins turning 8 in the next year.

Melisa said...

Wow. How wonderful! Congrats to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I could have been there. I'm so proud of Logan. Can't wait to see you all in July.

Elle said...

Lots like it so amazing. I will have to show it to John over and over again so he will stop telling me he is only getting baptised if he can wear scuba gear.

Anonymous said...

I'm just so amazed that you had that many family members come to Logans baptism. I can't imagine how many family memebers came to your wedding. I guess some families find it that important to attend. Refreshing.
I am glad Logan accepted!
Cute fam.