Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Arizonians Visit Iowa

At the beginning of June I was graced by this lovely lady and her 3 adorable, cute, lovable, sweet kiddos - for 10 days!! It was a great time- playing from sun up to sun down- and with Jess around, well of course there was a lot of laughing.




Logan was thrilled to have his cousins/siblings eat lunch and go to recess with him on his last day of school.



After recess, we hung out with some horses up the street


This Tanner boy is about the sweetest kid I've ever known. I just can't get enough of him. He picked me flowers and swept me off my feet the whole time he was here.


Thursday morning the kids woke up to "school's out!" treats on their beds. It was perfect timing to get waterbottles, slip n slides, waterguns and popsicles.




I love this next pic. I think this is the pic that best describes the trip for the kids. First of all, I was so impressed that for being together 24/7 for 10days that they never fought. It was beautiful!


Second, I was so happy to see how Tanner and Carter- who have incredible imaginations- rubbed off on my kids. Let's just say there was magic in our backyard.



Mariah was so caught up getting reaquainted with the boys the first day that she hardly seemed to notice Cali. But from the 2nd day on, this is pretty much all she cared to to...




The kids were so content to work on projects in the backyard, ride bikes, and play with neighborhood friends that they really didn't need to leave the house.

But because the mom's needed it, we had a few outings....

The Beach:











These two played so well and have so much in common...

...even career goals!


Backyard Camping and Wrestling with Uncle Tyler:






Mariah's Grand Ballet Performance:



The Science Center and the Movies:







The Zoo:

And for my birthday (Hello! thanks for all the incredibly nice birthday comments) we enjoyed Le Mie pastries in the morning and a picnic dinner at Big Creek Park





















Jess and I had fun chatting and chasing the kids around but decided that this trip was definately about the kids- which is the way it's supposed to be. They are creating great memories together and that's what we wanted.
But next time we are meeting at Martha's Vineyard and hanging out - alone! :)
Thanks to Tyler we did get to sneak out every couple evenings and it was so nice. We did some shopping, went out to lunch, and hit the Farmer's Market. Man, I miss her already!


Saying good-bye is never fun. Especially when you have 2 sad boys crying because they have to leave in the morning. I went down and visited and hugged them for a while and said our prayers together. That was one of the sweetest moments with them.
Isn't family wonderful?

10 comments:

Jmons said...

Man that was a nice post, I totally teared up!! Miss you so so so much! We did have fun, and the kids got along heavenly. I love our sunglass pic I'm going to copy it and hang it in my bathroom. I don't know why the bathroom, maybe I visit there often and need to see your pic hmmm, I'll just leave that one along, alas its going in the bathroom.

Chrissy Jo said...

Robyn, I wish I was your sister in law. It all looks like so much fun! Oh, and I've decided that those Mons men must like their ladies skinny! The two of you are tiny and cute as can be together. I love the picture of Mariah holding Cali... classic Mariah.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

Haylee Mollerup said...

Oh how I miss how much Iowa has to offer and things to do. I MISS IT!
HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!!! It looks like you kept busy and had fun!
I miss your backyard and the water fun we had back there!

Ashley said...

Hello- You can TELL y'all had a blast - I love it!!!

And Harrison - oh how I miss that boy!!! Cute cute cute pictures of everyone!!! Y'all look fabulous - Yea for family visiting!!

Ashley said...

p.s. I agree. I wish I was your sis-in-law too, but I just mentally say I am ;)

Anonymous said...

I think the other kids at Logans school must be so jealous of him that he has a mother that brings him Mcdonalds all the time. Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Take care of yourself.

The Jones Fam said...

Fun post! You guys are so much fun! Now I think it's time for the Iowans to pay Arizona a visit! Hmm... maybe wait until February when it's a beautiful 72 degrees here and negative something there. That way we can really sell it to you so you'll want to stay!

Tyler, I feel obligated to tell you that you were in my dream last night. We were in HP group and there was a visiting general authority there and we kept whispering and cracking jokes and giggling and he kept glaring at us. I know, totally random.

Sure miss you guys!

Jake

The Jones Fam said...

P.S. Happy belated birthday, Robyn! You are such a great gal!

Angela said...

I loved that post. It makes your life appear the perfect ideal. Horses, slip n slides, treats, and cousins. A perfect life!

I love your apron and the dress in your last picture. You look so fabulous in sunglasses. I never knew!