When I asked Mariah how she felt as a 5 year old she said, "When I was 4 I made a lot of naughty choices. Now that I'm 5 I will only make good choices."
I am totally down with that!
Mariah was proud to celebrate her birthday with her classmates on her last day of school. She wanted to bring pink frosted cookies and juice boxes.

Her preschool program has given her the opportunity to use her big, nurturing heart to be a peer student. Her teachers always told me what a great friend she was to all of her classmates.
On her real birthday, she was thrilled to get an invitation to meet this dear friend of ours -who shares the same birthday with Mariah- to the cupcake shop. Hands down the best cupcakes I've ever had. I thought about mine for 3 days after.
She loved getting phone calls and cards. Her daddy bought her a singing card ("I Like to Move it Move it) which she played 'til it couldn't take it anymore. Her request was for an Oreo cake.
Since this was her year off for a big party, we still had a special playdate. Four of her special friends joined us for a wild time at Chuck-E-Cheese.
On Saturday the family headed to the store to pick out her new bike. We were not surprised to see that she picked the girliest, frilliest bike on the market.


I will never forget the first time I met this little girl. I felt like I had been waiting for her all my life.
I remember one day last year when we were cooking something together. She turned to me with a serious look on her face and said, "Mom, I need you to teach me how to be a mother. I want to learn everything so I can be ready." That gave me a great reminder of the honor and responsibility it is to raise incredible people. That conversation motivates me each day to make sure I am focused on the most important things.
I can't imagine our family without our Mariah. You are a joy in our lives!
15 comments:
Mariah is SO BIG & ADORABLE!!! I love those pictures at the end of the post of you and her together! What a sweet girl!
Happy (belated) Birthday, Mariah!!!
oh Robyn, that post just brought tears streaming down my cheecks!....oh how special you two ladies are! Happy Birthday Sis Mariah!...she is just so precious and beautiful
Oh I love Mariah, too! Isaac talks about "Mawayah" all the time and she is already a little mommy to my Maddie.
The pictures of the two of you are so beautiful! Those definitely belong on a wall in her room...
LOVE the pictures of the two of you. Mariah is a sweet and precious little girl, and we are going to miss her so much. Thanks for including us in her birthday celebration!
Okay, I was going to say that I LOVE the pictures of you and Mariah, too, but now it looks like I'm just following the crowd here! Who took them? If it was Tyler, I am so impressed!
Thinking of you still and waiting for a girl date. Thanks for your help Thursday. You're wonderful!
You know I cried and cried when I read your post and then when I got to the bottom and saw two of my most favorite people in the whole world together in such a wonderful way, it was too much.
Thank you for sharing these special moments with us.
Love you both.
Mom
Happy Birthday sweet girl! She and John are less then a year apart! Wild!
~M
Hello new friends!!! Happy Birthday to your little girl! I love June birthdays...mine is at the end of the month.
I am so glad you guys came to eat with us in the Wis dells!! We will have to make plans again next year to do it again..with maybe a quieter campground.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Kaitlyn is SOOOOO excited to have another girl cousin to play with this summer.
Robyn you are such a great mom and I have no doubt you will teach Mariah how to be an amazing mom.
Okay, Robyn, that last picture is perfect. I love it! The lighting, the tight shot, and most of all the two beautiful ladies together. Happy Birthday to my birthday buddy, Mariah! Thanks for sharing part of your special day with me!
Happy Birthday Mariah! You have such a kind heart. I hope that you have a wonderful year.
Love, Aunt Heather
that was sweet! happy birthday cute girl, we miss you guys!
So cute! It's good to see you again on your blog! I just updated mine with our Memorial Day weekend fun! It was so great to meet you and your family! Happy Birthday to Mariah! That is so exciting! I hope you are having a wonderful summer!
There is a work out instructor at my gym that looks just like you and acts like you. You should be one! I know you would love it.
Happy Birthday Mariah.
I hope you enjoy your summer!
Oh, Mariah is so sweet! I hope Cameron marries her :) I can't wait to see my little girl grow up. Well, I guess I can wait. I am enjoying every stage.
Post a Comment