First Up - The Renchers came in town for a brief, but fun filled stay with us. We tried out a local bbq joint, devoured Tyler's famous cookies, and played Rock Band until the clubs kicked us out. Of course our visit wouldn't have been complete without a good ol' game of Settlers of Catan and some girl time to shop. It was so great to be with "family" again. We love you guys!
Next, the Crows and their little flock stopped by for a visit. The Crows are some of our dearest friends from Dallas. I was so touched that they chose Iowa for a family vacation! Here are some fun things we did...
Enjoyed perfect weather for patio dining:
The Beach:




Outdoor Adventures- Hikes, Hot Dog Roast and S'mores:










Outdoor Adventures- Hikes, Hot Dog Roast and S'mores:
We asked the boys to go find us some sticks to get a fire going... and man- did they deliver!
Rocket Slide, Splashpad, and Carousel at Union Park:
Iowa Cubs and Fireworks:
Blank Park Zoo:
And for the finale, a dress-up Rock Band Par-tay!
8 comments:
WOW looks like fun times...we'll be right out ;)
Ruby,
You are the hostess with the mostess! I already knew that though. You really know how to show people a good time. I'm not surprised at all that people choose to take their vacation time to see you.
I know because I do that too.
Miss you, I would love to say that I was next to come.
What a good time! I love the dress up rock band party- you all look smashing!
I'm SO glad you're back!! Your blog was broken for a few days and I couldn't e-see you! That was sad. There is really nothing like Iowa in the summer! Everything is so alive and you just enjoy every nano-second, because you know it won't last. So much fun. You guys are such a fun family!
Jake
P.S. Nice buns Tyler. What were you doing in that picture?!
That picture is a famous picture for the time being. At Utah State football stadium we went their for the 4th of July to watch the fire works. The announcer came on and asked that everyone dance the hockie pockie so we could be in the Ginus book of world records of the most people doing the hockie pockie at one time. This picture was snapped to record history in the making.
Sounds like suck a fun summer! Wish I could say we are next but I doubt we will make it anytime soon.
You really have had a lot of visitors to keep you so busy! I call next!
Hey, I just did my post on our Iowa visit and we even said similar things. I guess we really are kindred spirits. Thanks again for a great time!
Post a Comment