
Anytime I see my kids work/play together it immediately brings a smile to my face. It truly is one of my greatest joys. I sat and watched them rake and play with leaves for a good hour. It was a great day.
One of our favorite ways to welcome a new season is to go for walks. We make a list of things we think we'll see, and as we walk we count and mark them in our notebooks. We come home and compare notes, and in Logans case he charts and graphs them.
With Halloween around the corner, our list was all about pumpkins, ghosts, witches, bats, scarecrows, etc. - pumpkins were by far the largest number. I think betwee 2 streets we counted 180 of them!
It's always fun when our neighbors come out and visit. This couple on our street is so kind to our kids. Harrison loves chatting with people, and at the moment , he is sure to ask men and women if they have a baby in their tummies. Awkward! Also, if you have facial hair, he will ask you all about that as well. Luckily, he has only found that on men.
Our street has the tradition of boo-ing each other. This particular night when we went out it was pouring rain outside. But we had a family huddle and decided nothing was going to stop us and decided to make it an adventure. We came home drenched and laughing.
This year we swapped carving pumpkins for making carameled apples. Many of you do both- you are awesome.
We had the Roses over for our annual Halloween-themed fhe lesson (how scary life would be without the gospel.) This year we did it in the form of charades.
The month of October ended with a bang. A sweet bang with more candy and treats than any child should ever consume.
We attended school plays and parties. Logan was a punk basketball star by day, and a mummy by night.
Here in Iowa instead of saying "trick or treat", the children tell a joke. I write down all of them as I hand out candy. Later that night as we're defrosting and checking out the loot, we read the jokes to everyone and vote on the best.
This year's winner was: "Why did the book have to go to the hospital?..... To get its appendix out!"
8 comments:
i've been so stinking busy i haven't been keeping up with blogs lately. yours was one of the first to check in on. looks like you're doing well and of course having fun with life! you're a great mom. can't wait for you guys to come in 20 days!!!!
Ahhh so fun! What a fun month
oh man I love the tatoo arm on Logan! That is sweet!
I love the fall look to Iowa.
Love Logans wig.
I love the idea of taking count of Halloween stuff, I want to do that next year.
I love the fall look to Iowa.
Love Logans wig.
I love the idea of taking count of Halloween stuff, I want to do that next year.
Oh how I miss the fall in Iowa!!! Your neighborhood is always doing fun things!!!
Those carmel apples look delish!!!
What an awesome fall! I love your traditions. What a great life you have!
You are such a creative mom! I can't wait to see you soon.
Post a Comment