Logan loves for me to remind him that he is the child that made me a mother. He takes a lot of pride in being my first. And I can't even articulate in words the love I feel for this boy.
Logan is a smart, kind, quick-witted, athletic, competitive, responsible, funny kid. Ever since he was tiny, he was easy to communicate and reason with. He loves to learn new things and is usually up for trying anything new or challenging. He loves to watch/play sports with his dad and play games and read with mom. He is a fun big brother who always takes charge and delegates whatever activity they are playing. I've especially enjoyed watching him and Harrison play together- usually football or basketball. Yesterday I heard him open the door and say to Mariah, "ladies first".... he is starting to catch on to some of the things we've been trying to teach him these last few years- how refreshing!
As I reflect on this past year of his life, I would have to say what I've enjoyed most is having meaningful conversations with him. As he gets more independent, I get to spend less time telling him what to do, and more just talking with him.
I've got to admit- as fun and cute as they are as little ones- it is sure fun to see them growing up!
We had a quiet celebration this year. We went to school and had lunch with him and brought his favorite treats -homemade oreos- to his class. I cooked up a mean batch of his favorite noodles for dinner and dad whipped up a delicious pan of brownies. (he is not a cake fan)
I've never seen anyone take their birthday wish so seriously. He stops for a good 30-45 seconds and thinks it thru- I mean, you only get to wish once a year- better make it good!
Happy Birthday to our dear Logan.
9 comments:
wow logan, 9 years old!!! your mom's right- you are such a great kid! it was so fun to have you here for Christmas and spend time with you. keep up the good work being so good for your mom and dad, and remember how lucky you are to have such good parents.
loves,
aunt joana:)
p.s. thanks for writing van, he was so excited to get letters from his awesome cousin! he just got done writing you back and just needs to put it in the mail.
Happy Birthday Logan! What a cutie! Glad he had such a good b-day. :)
I can't believe it has been 9 years. I remember the day he was born and how excited Tyler was running back and forth from the room to the hallway. Even if I don't get to see you very often I sure love you! Happy Birthday
Logan, vovo is so happy that her first grandchild is such an awesome boy! I also remember as if it was today the day you were born. Your mom and dad were so excited and I flew from Dallas just in time to be there for when you made it into the world. I told everyone around me on the plane that " I was going to meet my grandson who was being born that day". They all shared in my happiness. I have loved you from that moment on. You are a wonderful boy and a joy to our family. I love you very much. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Logan! I must say I am so excited to have you in Bears! See you soon!
What a handsome guy, in each picture I just stop and go "that is one cute kid."
I love the boasting comments about Logan, he really has a lot of great qualities. I agree it is so nice to see our kids grow, it sure seemed like they were little tiny for so long and poof! they are off doing their own thing.
Happy Birthday Logan.
Happy be-lated Birthday Logan!...I still cannot believe he is 9!!! aaghhh!!! seriously I remember just yesterday having him in my CTR 5 class awww!!! he was the life of my class and I just loved to teach him, as he taught Nathan and I so much as well...we sure do love your kiddos and your family Quarter-inch! :)
Happy Birthday Logan! Isn't it crazy that our oldest kiddos are getting so big? I love your new family picture by the way!
Happy Birthday Logan! I truly can't believe that he is 9 either - has it really been that long since you guys left Texas??
Post a Comment