Friday, October 01, 2010

September Did Happen

I'm not sure if it was that I was exhausted from snapping so many pictures this summer when visitors were in town, or because I am beginning to lose the love for my dumb camera, but I really don't have much to show for our lives this fall.

Here are some slim pickings that I snatched...

Early this fall we got word that there was a legit Pow-Wow at a park. I'm a sucker for exposing our kids to great and new experiences, so this was a perfect Saturday activity.



This picture of Logan reminds me of this stage in his life. He is coming out of those precious years when every idea of yours is great, and every little thing you do is "fun!!!". We are now at the place where most things sound "lame" and he would rather hang at home. But. I gotta hand it to him- most of the time, when we get there and begin the experience, he will jump in whole heartedly- participating and asking all sorts of questions. This is exactly what happened this day. Sometimes you just gotta get there and the attitude will change. I have learned to be patient and not try to convince him that we're going to have a blast, or lecture him about is ingratitude for all we do (although, I've got that lecture down pat). I'm learning with Logan that I don't need to sweat it so much. He comes around. I just need to be patient and keep loving him.




This guy was all over the pow-wow idea as soon as the words came out of my mouth. Of course he had no idea what that meant, but doesn't pow-wow sound amazingly fun?!?





I am so glad that with all my laziness with pictures that I at least took this one. These boys are sporting "football helmets" and running all sorts of plays that Logan calls out. This was an everyday activity after school started. Not only was it cute to watch, but it reminded me of another lesson I've learned in not sweating it (Can you tell I sweat a lot?) When Harrison was born I was all worried that with a 5 year gap that he and Logan would never play together or be close friends. And it did seem that way for a while. Of course they love each other, but with that distance in age, there hasn't been much common ground. Well, time passes and all the years of sweating it was unneccessary. These boys are constantly playing together. At least for this time in their lives the gap has closed and they enjoy playing together. It has been so wonderful to see. I realize that in a few years, that gap might be big again - but next time I hope I don't waste my time worrying. I will feel confident in the brotherly love they share and look forward to the next time they find common ground.





These next 2 pics remind me of what a lovely fall we had. It was a longer season than normal with beautiful temps. The kids raked and played in the leaves for hours. I will forever be thankful for this yard, home and neighborhood where my kids have had so many carefree years of childhood.


No comments: