Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday Girls


Recently, Mariah and I both turned a year older.  Even though we've kept birthdays pretty simple this year, I hope that my girl still felt special.


Ms. Card's class sang a happy birthday song.  Here she is showing her new numbers.


For the second year running, my homemade oreo cookies have been my birthday child's request.  They are a huge hit- and thank goodness!  This mama is not a cupcake baker.






Mariah put her new bat to practice, and with her new 7 year old strength, wacked those balls all over the place.


Mariah enjoyed her day with the people that love her most... even Lizzy.

I am so thankful for this girl!  Mariah is growing up to be such a lovely person.  I feel so connected with her and cherish the strong bond that we share.  Even though I find myself falling apart that she is growing so quickly, I admire her for the good life she has lived so far and can't wait to see what this beautiful spirit has to offer this world. 

3 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

OH, Happy Birthday Mariah! She's getting so big and GORGEOUS!! I need to call you . . . We MUST get together next week. I'm dying to see you.

On a side note, I can't believe you can still bring homemade goods to class. Even poodunkville won't let us. And all snacks for preschool have to be prepackaged, too.

Let's chat soon . . . Love the softball pictures too. Maybe she can give Grace lessons when we get together!

Anonymous said...

Love you both. Happy Birthday to one sweet niece and an amazing sis-in-law!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Girlies:) Hope you both had a BEAUTIFUL day!!!