Sunday, November 04, 2012

Making Time for Quality Time

 
I can say hands down this is the busiest I have ever felt as a mom.  Every stage has its demands and is exhausting for sure.  But I have never felt time move so rapidly, nor have I fought for balance in my life so vigorously as I am now. 
 
We are having a blast.  My children are my joy, my life.  They are becoming their own people and blow me away with their energy and talents. 
 
I have also never felt so challenged, inadequate and humbled as I have this past year.  I have spent more time on my knees praying for these precious people.  I have spent even more time praying to know what to do, how to be the mom they need and deserve as they grow.  I have asked the Lord for forgiveness for my faults on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. 
 
Basically what I'm saying is... I have no idea what I'm doing!
 
But I do know that I have a heart full of love and that any time I get with my favorite people is valuable.  And dangit, we do have fun!
 
Friday night patio dinner at a restaurant up the street.  Live music, perfect weather and company. A laid back night before jupming into a sport-booked Saturday.  6 games were played the next day.

In the thick of Tyler's crazy traveling and weeknight practices, scouts and music lessons- we cancelled all of our obligations on a Tuesday night and went to the movies.  Hotel Transylvania, "blah, blah blah blah blagh!"
A visit with my girl for lunch
First Kinder field trip.  This boy is beloved by his classmates. He makes a mother proud!
Taking advantage of a chilly Sunday morning to cuddle in mom and dad's room.
One of many road trips to away games.  Sharing good music and singing along with a friend. A simple thing that makes me smile.


 

1 comment:

John Sanders said...

You have such a beautiful and special family!! So glad I got to spend some time with you guys and felt of your joy and the sweet spirit of your home.
Love you, boneca. Mom