Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Assembly

Every Friday Bee Cave Elementary begins their day with a school assembly. They say the American Pledge, the Texas Pledge, sing the school song,  and belt out all sorts of chants on how awesome it is to learn at their school.  Classes take turns presenting one of the 6 pillars of Character, and last Friday, Mariah's class had the spotlight.  It was fun to watch the whole school come together and feel the school spirit.  I had to hold back when all the kids broke out doing the Macarena as they went to class. 
 


Mariah has made many friends at school.  She is beloved by her classmates and is always planning the next playdate.  The other day Tyler and I were talking about her sweetness, and he told me that just the other day while they were outside washing his car, some girls were walking by with their dog.  Mariah walked over and started making conversation with them.  After a few minutes, she said, "Well, I better go.  It was so nice chit chatting with you." 
 
Love it.
 

 
Every time I go to any activity at the school, I feel such gratitude that I am able to be there for these moments.  It is so fun to peek into their world at school and see all the great things they are a part of. 

1 comment:

Laura Bernard said...

Awe, so cute. I love popping into the kids schools, too. Friday I spent a bit of the morning in Anson's class. I overheard a classmate tell the teacher, "I told my mom that Anson is a leader everyday!" (They are doing a seven habits program that encourages all kids to be leaders, ie make good choices.) It was super cute. Then I stopped by Myra's school later to hear her give a presentation to the whole fifth grade. I felt so lucky to have a life that allows me to visit and observe them. Mariah is a doll. Miss you.