Monday, February 04, 2013

Logan's Last Primary Talk

One of the greatest perks of raising children in the Mormon church is the opportunities they have to begin learning and teaching the gospel at a very young age.  Beginning at age 3, children are given the assignment to read a scripture, pray, or even give a talk in front of all the primary kids.  It is an advantageous practice to learn public speaking and prepare for missions.

Our Deacon learning to tie
 
Logan was asked to give a talk on his last Sunday in primary.  He has been preparing his own talks for some time, but I thought I would publish his last one:

"Hi my name is Logan.  I was asked to talk about being a child of God.  In "I'm a Child of God", the song, it talks about the blessings he gave us when we came to Earth.  It also tells us that we have big blessings in store for us and if we stay worthy and in the church, we can return to him once more for all eternity.  1st Nephi 11:17 states, "And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children..."  Just before Nephi had said this, an angel had descended out of heaven to talk to Nephi.  The angel had asked Nephi, "Knowest thou the condescension of God?"  Nephi didn't know the condescension of God, but he did know that God loved the children and things would work out for them.  D &C 50:41 states, "Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my father hath given me."  I like this scripture because Jesus is telling the kids to not be afraid of him, because he died for them and he overcame the world for them.  He also wants to teach the children so they can know the gospel when they are older.  He doesn't want them going right past him, he wants to teach them so they can have a better life.  And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing young man you have!