Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to School, Back to a Schedule!

Those of you who know me well, know that I love structure and schedules. I love sitting with a notebook planning my weekly activites with my kiddos. It makes me feel official, and oh when I stick to the schedule, it's so rewarding! I know, I'm a nerd and I don't care who knows it! Anyways, as summer approached, I got out my notebook and my Family Fun magazines to start making marvelous plans for the summer. Well, it didn't happen. It just wasn't the summer for schedules. I just had to let those urges go, and be flexible- which is also good for me too. I truly enjoyed having Logan home all summer. We have grown so close, especially in this past year. But, it was time to move on and get back to school, and I was ready to get my life a little more structured once again.




Because I am Brazilian, I always feel the need to celebrate and party about something. I thought it would be fun to have a Back to School Party for Logan. I called every family in the ward that had younger kids going back to school for one more run down the waterslide and to have a "pencil cake". Yep, I made that. It was worth all the work. After Logan saw it he said, "Mom, I just love your creativity and imagination, it's so fun!." As you can imagine, that meant a lot, because I am not very creative, at least with my hands. We had 22 kids come. I wish I would've taken more pictures, but I'm sure you can imagine what I was doing all morning with 22 kids at my house! We ended the fun by lining up by grades. I told the kids that I had planted "back to school seeds" in my yard and to come see what happened. We walked around to the front and there were lollipops that had grown on the front lawn. It was great fun, and I hear there are 1 or 2 little ones that truly believe I have a magical yard that grows lollipops. I love it!


My little first grader!!




I think Mariah had a harder time seeing Logan off to school this year than she did when Logan started Kindergarten. This year I had to buy her a lunch box and all the school supplies for her "school".

4 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

I saw that cake in the family fun mag and thought about having a party too. You are a really fun mom. Ayden doesn't start school till after labor day. He is excited to be in first grade too. Did you guys go to phenix or did you get into Jordan Creek?

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

What a fun mom! I love the magical lawn part...lollipops...so clever!

Robyn said...

Aimee,
to answer your questions, we switched back to Jordan Creek. I was relieved that he has another little boy in his class this year that also transferred. Good luck with school starting!!

Ashley said...

Well hello Sunday Posting!! I love it!! =). I want to go back to school too. Then I'm home everyday by 2 right? =)