Sunday, August 12, 2007

ONE year older and wiser too.....



Happy Birthday Harrison!! Harrison woke up his birthday morning with his family there to cheer and sing to him. Here he is reaching out to his fan club.




Harrison has the best older brother and sister.





Harrison loves the vacuum. He tenses his whole body and squeels and waves his arms and kicks his legs. We turned it on just for his birthday. We go all out in this family!





That evening we had a few close friends over for a very simple celebration.
He was trying to keep track of all the balloons everywhere.





This is where Harrison has spent most of his life this past year-- on my hips!! He still cries constantly to be held, and is my little monkey I carry around most of the day.




What's a birthday without a game or 2? I had the kids doing a crawling relay race, which Harrison enjoyed watching.




Harrison posing with his fancy cake. He was very startled by all the singing and clapping for him. Sometimes it even looked like he was going to cry. I'd like to thank our guests for being good sports and singing the Brazilian "pique, pique" song with us. We sure did miss our family for this special time, and are thankful for good friends who are like family here.




Harrison took no time to dive right in. He loved it, and took his sweet time enjoying every lick and bite!




This is a classic Harrison face. Whenever he is excited or sees something that interest him, he makes that face and blows out an "oooooh" sound. Your welcome for the yummy cake little buddy.





Logan and Mariah dove right in to their cakes as well......




And so did everyone else. (Note Mariah's face in this picture, and even the one before this.) She was not amused with this messy nonsense.




Harrison started to complain when his cupcake was gone, so I gave him another 1/2.....




apparently that was not enough! ........




Ah, thank goodness for presents! He soon forgot the cake and had a great time with his new toys. We love you little Harrison David!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay, I love the vaccumm pic. How funny!! And I want another cupcake...those were sooo good. Thanks for letting us come over!! We LOVE your family!!

Heitmann Family said...

Way cute. You always have the funnest parties. Happy Birthday Harrison. We miss you guys.

Jill said...

happy birthday Harrison! Your home looks so nice Robin! I miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Everyone is getting so big and you are all so tan! I can't believe that Harrison is a year old already and Logan is in first grade.
You all look like you are having a great time and things are going well.