Friday, December 14, 2007

Catching up!

I love blogs, but when I fall behind- it just nags at me! Part of my problem is that I can only blog on Tyler's computer (if I want to post pics with it), so sometimes that makes it difficult. Anyway, now that it is almost Christmas, I thought I'd catch up on our Thanksgiving. I had to make sure to document this because this was a big one for us. It was our first one away from family. We missed being with family, but we made the most of it by surrounding ourselves with some great people and enjoying a delicious feast! We were in charge of the turkey and potatoes. My first turkey! I was a little stressed, but my friend Tiffany gave me an awesome recipe and it turned out mighty fine, if I do say so myself.



Since I'm not a very crafty person, so I have to share when I actually do something. These were the place settings. They helped dress up the table since the rest of the table settings were paper goods!



The Giles fam brought a fun kareoke game. We relaxed and played this for most of the afternoon. Here's the Rosenlof's serenating us with a duet.



Here is Harrison singing a duet with me. Love Shack, Baby Love Shack!



Here's Jason and Tyler Rocking out.


Did I mention they were rocking out? Apparently it was too much for Logan to handle, but Jason is really good and scored well.

Even though Thanksgiving has come and gone, I am so grateful for such a wonderful life. We are thankful for the love and support of our families, and for friends who have become our family here.

4 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

Kareoke looks like fun. I love the pic with Logan covering his ears!!

Melisa said...

It looks like you guys had a rockin' Thanksgiving. Wow! I want to party at your place!

Carly said...

Robyn I am so excited about your new business. I can't wait for you to get started! :)

Heitmann Family said...

Looks like a "rockin" good time. I never would have paired karioke with Thanksgiving!! Fun times!