Tyler celebrated his 33rd birthday on Sept. 10th! He's just grown so much, I could just pinch his cheeks!

Birthdays are pretty simple at the Mon's home, but we do try to make them special. Tyler chose his favorite cake from Costco, which was easy for me, yet left me wondering, "am I really that bad of a baker?"
Here's just some of the things I dig about Tyler:
*positive
*spiritual
*happy
*hard worker
*supportive
*energetic
*outstanding father
*awesome husband
Pretty Important:
Yesterday Tyler and I took Logan and Mariah to Adventureland. My fantastic neighbor gave us some free tickets and we had to make sure to squeeze that in this year.
You may be wondering, "why on earth would they not bring little Harrison along?!?". And I would ask, "have you met sweet Harrison before?"
No really, we decided that he would be miserable coming and not being able to go on most of the rides. He's old enough to want to come along, but too short and little to participate. It would have been torture on the poor boy. Instead he enjoyed a fun day with Miss Mary helping her can apples and playing cars.
Highlights of our day:
*Funnel Cakes
*No lines
*Perfect weather
*Seeing kids so happy and excited about the rides


*Spending good, quality time with each of the kids.



*Even finding some good quality time for mom and dad during kiddie rides
*Laughing our heads off in the "fun house"
*Dad getting sick after too many roundy- round rides

*Mom watching Mariah leave to ride the Dragon. I was happy to see her ride this Dragon.....
But not THIS dragon. I seriously cried real tears when she was on it. It was a giant rollercoaster that even went upside down!! But daddy thought she was ready, and so did she. She made it just fine, but determined once was enough.
Not So Important:
Logan and I were in the local newspaper! It was at Logan's Meet the Teacher night at school.
Okay, so I noticed a photographer taking pictures, but I had no idea he was with the newspaper, let alone taking pictures of us. I seriously thought it was a super nerdy dad that had a ginormous camera out and being very rude to take pictures while the teacher was talking to us. Had I known that he was a cameraman (still nerdy) from the paper, I would have snuck on some lip gloss and would look totally natural as the most loving mother in the school - like a photo of me whispering sweet nothings to my little boy, hugging and kissing him, gently running my fingers through his hair.
Instead, he captured us like this:
We look like we just heard some devastating news. Like possibly some deathly complication from Logan's botox injection?!?






14 comments:
Hello! You being in the newspaper belongs under the "Very Important" section of the blog. You are practically Des Moines royalty if you make it into The Register. Lookin' good, lookin' good!
You are just too funny!!!
Jenni Freeman
Looks like a ton of fun! So how did Logans botox injection go? I know what you mean about kids going on scary rides, dads have no hesitation about them and we just can't quite handle the thought of maybe our children falling out from the top. ~Jess
Comment from Todd: "Tyler what's up smalls."
What a fun Adventureland Day! On a more serious note, I hope Logan has a full recover from his botox incident...if you need me to bring in a meal let me know!!! :) And might I add...Hello Superstar! Local newspaper...LOVE IT!
Adventureland looks fun! Love the pictures. Oh, and the newspaper cliping is priceless... like I actually laughed out loud, no tears though... but almost. :-) Yes, I've decided that we definately must hang out more. All this laughing is adding years to my life. :-)
Happy belated birthday, you old guy! ;)
That place looked like fun! I get sick on spinny rides, but I love loopy rides. Does that make me loopy?
I think you look great in that picture!
Okay so you had me laughing hard when you said you received bad news in that picture....you actually look great. Your bangs were not flat at all.
I love the adventure land pics. The one of Tyler getting sick is priceless. That's how I feel after one ride. I'm a sissy.
~M
Happy Birthday Tyler head on over to my blog and see the post I made for you and Todd. I love the pictures from adventure land. When did you cut Mariah's hair. Oh I feel like I have lost out on so much of their lives. I just miss you guys so much. And about the picture in the Newspaper can I have your autograph? Last time I was in the newspaper was in 6th grade when I was in the school play. Love ya
Kari
Tyler is our age but he seems so much more grown up than me. No really. Talking to him felt like talking to someone much older, like a parent. (I don't mean that as a bad thing.) Weird, I know.
We do like TX but we obviously didn't live in the awesome communtiy you did or else we might love it more.
Ohhh... you guys! Your blog always makes me laugh. Hard. Out loud. I love the picture in the newspaper and your take on it. Logan does have the fear face on. Happy birthday Tyler! You don't look a day over 32. :P
Jake
hahaha!!! Robyn you just kill me seriously that picture is hilarious and priceless. Nate and I could not stop laughing. you look great though!... Happy birthday TYler!
Love Mariah's hair! Happy Birthday Tyler. Robyn, you are beautiful all the time!
Fun pictures. I can't believe you had a store bought birthday cake for Tyler. Don't you have enough free time to make a gourmet birthday cake?;) ;)
You rock sista.
Did you go to the host family BBQ? How are your Malaysian kids doing anyway? Did I tell you that Jun's roomate came to visit us? That's so cool that his roomate came to see us. I didn't think they liked us that much. All four of them want to come for Thankgiving but that might be a bit too much for us.
well i don't know what look you were going for, but you seriously look like a model in that picture! it's like the camera man was saying...ok, now look off into the distance like you're longing after something...good, now sweep your hair away from your eyes and just let it fall down naturally... perfect, now put your lips together and open them just a bit...work it baby, work it, own it...
Post a Comment