Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Working Like a Dog...

A recent conversation I had with Mariah left me chuckling and contemplating the phrase "working like a dog." I work out of the house. When I'm not out visiting with customers I'm upstairs working in my office. Today after returning from a customer meeting I made my way to my home office when a soft gentle knock came at the door...
Daddy: Yes... can I help you?
Mariah: Well I need a big doggy to walk outside. Will you pretend to be my really big doggy.
Daddy: Yes, I can pretend to be your big doggy later.
Mariah: Well I need to come in and put on your leash...
Wait a minute I signed up for this before getting all the facts. I invited Mariah into the office. In her hand was a dog leash she uses to walk her build a bear doggy.
Mariah: Here you go daddy. Put on this dog leash and later we will go on our walk.
I sat in my office with a leash around my neck and I thought to myself, this is where the term "working like a dog" came from.

10 comments:

Elle said...

I absolutely love this. Picturing Tyler with his leash on with working...what a good daddy!!
~M

Anonymous said...

Tyler you are such a good daddy to even agree to go outside and be her big doggy plus you sat the rest of the day working with this leash around you neck. You get Father of the Day!!

Jmons said...

That is so cute, what a good daddy to play along.

So it can be assumed that if your wife is the Alpha and Mariah has you on a leash that the women in your life rule the roost. lol

Wendy Crow said...

I can't stop laughing picturing you with a leash around your neck working on your computer or talking on the phone with a customer. The things we do for our kids. You should take a picture!

Wendy

jlynn Wells said...

How cute! Interesting how children can make us look at life just a little bit differently than we normally would.

jlynn

Anonymous said...

Did you watch Sarah Palins speech last night? Holy crap she is awesome!

suely said...

Tyler,
I love the way you are with your kids. Things like that make memories worth much more than any present in the world!!!
I chuckled imaginaing you working with a leash around your neck:)
You are awesome and Mariah is so cute to even think of that.
She must've known that you would do it or she wouldn't have asked.
Good for you. We love you.
Suely

Liz said...

I bet you don't vomit on the floor and then eat it afterward.

Shelly Kenison said...

seriously you have got to be one great DAD! The only disappointing fact was that you didn't snap a picture.

Jill said...

Lots of posts about cats and dogs on here lately! That is so funny Tyler, thanks for sharing! You commented on my blog that you wanted a wii, you should totally get one, I can just see you and Robyn staying up at night playing and having competitions! Oh, the kids would like the wii too!