1. Logan got a new book and was so excited to read it. Not too far into it, he came into the room all disappointed.
Dad: What's wrong buddy?
Logan: My book has a swear word in it.
Dad: No way, it's a kids book. Show me what you're talking about.Logan (opens book): See right there. It says "beep".
Dad: Laughing asks Logan what does "beep" mean?
Logan: I don't know but I know it's really bad.
2. Logan approached me one day with this random thought:
"Mom. I would much rather smoke for 6 months than eat really unhealthy fatty foods for 6 months. If I smoked for 6 months, it probably wouldn't do too much damage to my body, and then I could repent, so it would be like I never smoked at all.. But if I ate lots of fattening foods I could get pretty fat in 6 months, and besides, I don't think you can even repent for that. "
3. I'm heading to AZ on Thursday (wahoo!!!) by myself for the first time ever since I've been a mom. So I can't stop talking about it with my kids. Yesterday in the car I was talking about my trip.
Mom: I know Mariah is going to miss me a ton. Harrison probably will too. But I bet Logan will throw a party as soon as I leave and say, 'yay! no bossy lady to bother us for 5 days'...
To which Logan quickly responded: "you can say that again."
I know he loves me. He really really does, right?
She Said:
1. The other morning Mariah woke up and ran to my side of the bed, and with that twinkle in her eyes she said, "Mom, I had such a good sleep. I had a dream that I kissed the whole baseball team." What the..?
2. Mariah's been interested in policeman lately and what they do. I explained that part of their jobs is to make sure we aren't breaking the law. A while later we were in the car and I ran over some plastic thing. Mariah urgently exclaimed, "Oh no mom, you broke the law! I heard a smash and crunch under your car. We are in big trouble!"
3. I love this little story because it reminded me once again of Mariah's little rose-tinted world. Mariah was asking me the other day how my back was feeling. I told her I was doing okay. She started to ask about my accident (when I was 18) and how exactly I got hurt.
Mom: Well, this lady was driving her car, and there was a red light. Instead of stopping, she just kept going and then....
Mariah: Oh, and you were just walking by holding some flowers and she hit you?
Yes, I was just strolling along in a flowing dress singing a beautiful ballad while holding a bouquet of flowers. I can just see her imagining this in her head!
14 comments:
Hilarious, I can't believe someone hit you while carrying flowers. LOL
I'm sure the whole baseball team would kiss that cutie Mariah. And I second that What the "BEEP". It would be great if our kids lived in such a world right.
I hope that Logan wears off on the rest of your family and you can stay even longer here in Arizona.
What? What? Accident? When was this? Are you OK???
That Logan is a card.....
Oh, too funny! Logan is a gem.
And that Mariah, kissing the whole baseball team! Crack me up! Can't wait to see that rosy girl and the rest of you next week!
I love reading the stories you share. I can't wait for Cambri to say such cute things. It is good to know that some little kids are still innocent and sweet.
Oh, Robyn, that's how I picture you.
Logan's #3 is a riot!
cute, CUTE kids!!! I love the things they come up with!!
Robyn,
Your kids are the cutest! I am sure you are totally ready for your trip but if you are like my mom you will be way excited to come home.
lucky! a vacation for 5 days with no kids...you so deserve that- have fun!
your kids are stinkin' cute...logan cracks me up with the smoking thing! he has a very valid point don't ya think?
and yes, fred did tell me that you called on my birthday, thanks it was a great day! plus, you called me just the day before so that counts as a birthday call:)
miss you guys!
Just walking by holding some flowers???????
I love it!
i love to read the things logan says. he is soooo funny!
Your kids crack me up! I think my favorite is Mariah's dream! haha!!
ha ha ha ha haha hahahahahaha!!!
thanks robyn
I love it when you post the adorable things your kids say! I'm so going to start doing that on my blog because kids come out with some of the funniest things :) I can totally picture your kids saying the things you post. I especially love the Mariah comment about how you were walking with flowers and she hit you... so Mariah :)
Dana
Post a Comment