Some things you may not know about Robyn. As a teenager Robyn loved to prank call her friends and complete strangers. She has some really creative and funny prank calls she likes sharing with us.
Last night Robyn was baby sitting for a couple who went on a date, and I was home alone with the kids. "Daddy, I'm in charge of the phone" Mariah exclaimed. I'm content with this for two reasons: 98% of the time the phone rings it's either a telemarketer or for Robyn. When the telemarketers call Mariah wants to talk with them. Discouraged and defeated they hang up. And if it's for Robyn I usually let the phone ring so the caller can leave a message.
During the evening hours Mariah walked the house holding both phones in her hands. Everywhere she went the phones went with her. Last night Mariah was heartbroken because we received no phone calls. So I tip toed out of the room, called Robyn, and asked her to call the house so Mariah could talk with her on the phone... The phone rings and Mariahs eyes widen with excitement. Mariah picks up the phone. I knowing it was Robyn was anticipating her to say "Hi Mariah it's mommy". This isn't what happend. Mariah answers the phone and Robyn is pretending to be a chinese person. They talked for a while and the phone call ends. A few minutes later another call comes through. Mariah is very excited 2 calls in 5 minutes. This time it was an Indian lady named Kuki. She asked Mariah if she lived in a big house with stairs, and if the stairs went up or down. Mariah said the stairs go up and down. Robyn exclaimed the stairs in the house she lived only went down. Mariah didn't know what to think about this.
I'm not sure who had the most fun, Robyn who reverted back to her teenage tendencies, or Mariah who policed the phone lines last night.
9 comments:
too funny!
That is so funny! I remember as a teenager pranking people. That was before caller ID
I love Robyn. She is such a crack up. Tyler, you need to go to either my blog or Brad's Facebook and read a hilarious story about him. :)
I love your Harrison story, what a fun mom you are.
Hmmm, I'll have to prank call you one of these days I've got a wicked english accent.
The prankster lives on! yeah! I'm soooooo proud!
And P.S. I never saw your really short hair cut! Can I see a pic? Puh-lease?
Didn't the whole caller id thing kill the fun pranks - remember the Glades?? I think I'm still embarrased about that one! Your hair is really short now too?? Geez, I'm feeling left out ;)
Hilarious!! What a fun mom!
Has she been taught to say,
"STRANGER DANGER" yet? ;)
I had almost forgotten about the prank calls we used to make, when we could not think of anything else to do. Can't say I can remember any in particular, but Robyn was usually the instigator. Glad to hear you haven't lost that charm! :)
Post a Comment