I had the priveledge to spend some time in Dallas. The main event? Erik's wedding. Yes. I said Erik. My baby. The one whose diapers I lovingly changed, potty trained, put in time out, played "Kindergarten Quest" game show style, and took out for ice cream to teach him about good music. He got married. And as hard as it was to see him "grow up so fast", I must say, he did a mighty fine job finding his one and only. Let me introduce you to Mrs Karen Sanders. (Welcome to the family honey. As I'm sure you noticed, I am the smartest, prettiest one in the family, and we're all happy when I'm happy. Okay? Okay. Love ya!)
The wedding was done at a nice little chapel and was very nice. For me, very emotional.
My four brothers. Man I love these guys!
Mr. and Mrs. with the nieces and nephew. (Sad that my little ones and another niece, Jasmine, were not there!)
The other "Sanders" women. Oh man, how I adore them!!
Mother of the groom and Savannah giving the aisle a spin.
My other baby. You're next my friend. But no pressure, you gotta wait for the right one. (please see note to Karen at beginning of my post.)
Please take a moment and just stare at this precious girl. I just did and my cup is full. This is Millie and she takes my breath away.
She was blessed by her amazing dad, and I felt honored to be there.
Her mother is one of the most special women you will ever know.
Her sister has a huge heart and lots of love for her family.
What greater joy is there than seeing people you deeply love happy?
More Texas Highlights:
Spending quality
time with
beautiful nieces (missed you Jas!)
and a nephew. (that melted my heart).
There was Game playing, Bedtime Reading,
Baby Staring,
Sleepovers,
and Scavenger Hunting.
My parents took my Grandma and I to a huge Korean market. Their produce selection was incredible. Here is Dad going nuts over the preserved duck eggs.
And Grandma showing off some celery. We took home some purple yams and added them to a soup. I found them quite delicious and smoothlike.
A trip to Texas is never complete without seeing some of the most amazing women I call friends. These ladies have no idea the impact they made on me when I lived there.
Shannon- my very first Texas friend. We worked together at Family Allergy. She was a sort of godparent to Logan.
And in case you are worried that I didn't have any fun... here's a picture to ease your mind. It is ALWAYS fun to come home!
I am truly blessed!
15 comments:
am so glad you had a good time. It was great to have you here, but we missed your family so much.
I just don't think it is fair that you put nice looking pictures of everyone except for mine.
I am only the one who suffered long labor hours for you to come into the world, who wiped your tears when your brothers teased you, who loves you more than anyone in the world.
No, seriously, Robyn, that was just for private showing.
I love you and can't wait to see you and the family in February.
Love, Mom
We were so glad you could come Robyn, the wedding would have not been complete without my sister. And I'm sorry I barely got to see you or even talk to you, and I felt bad about that, you came all that way to see me and barely did. Luckily when you guys come I'll have more time and you'll see alot of me and the Mrs. =). Miss you already.
Erik
it was soooo good to have you here and can't wait for ya'll to come next month!
I'm so glad you got to go! And while it's sad not to have your kids and Tyler at a big family event, there is something to be said for a trip alone!!
I love the look on your dad's face as he ponders the duck eggs. It looks like you had a great time. Glad you're back!
Wow, you did a lot while you were her in Texas! I am glad that I got to spend some time with you. We will be happy to see you in February (or you can come see me in the hospital:)
How fun was that. I felt like I was there with all the fun pics. You truly do have a neat family and Johns new baby girl is just a cutie! Glad you could share all your fun memories.
Seriously love the note to your new sister! I laughed out loud!
I can tell there is a lot of love in your family.
I'm glad you had a good time and glad you're back.
Oh that baby is so cute! That's so cool that you got to be there with your family for not one but two special events! I'm sure it was tempting to stay, but we're glad you came back to us here in frozen land. :-)
I love weddings! you look so beautiful!
Okay I am pretty sure that you might just have to take John's kids home in your luggage. Oh my gosh! And who does the little boy belong to? Fred? They are all so adorable!
Peter is all grown up! Does he still say my FULL name that same way he used to that cracked us up?
And I'm glad you gave the new SIL a head's up. You forgot to mention that she will have to sit and watch you curl your bangs but it is a PRIVLEDGE!! Make sure she understands that.
~M
P.S. You look beautiful. And so does your mom so tell her she can really pull off a towelwrap.
First of all Robyn, you look so beautiful! You got extra blessed with a great smile so you can look lovely despite all of your back pain! (And strangely I think you look like your dad. WEird of me to say that, I know.) AND that market looked HUGE. You can find everything in Dallas!
And what did you think of going back to freezing after TX 80 degree weather? We had fruit flies last week and my kids swore they saw mosquitos. I wouldn't doubt it. I think we're staying in TX cuz my husband wore a huge overcoat and COMPLAINED when it got down to 30 for like ONE day. HA!
Beautiful pictures! I didn't know you went to Texas? I'm sure you didn't miss the cold Iowa weather!
Love you sista!
Robyn, you crack me up! That little message you wrote to Karen was hilarious!! I could totally picture you saying it.
It was so great to have you out here! It'll be so fun to see everybody in February. I can't believe Logan's getting baptized. He's such a good boy. It's gonna be pretty special to be able to share that with y'all.
We can't wait to see you!
Love you. :)
Sounds like you had a good time with your family. What a cute little girl John has. Well they are all cute but something about his littelest one. He is gonna have his hands full when they all get to dating age. Anyway, glad you had a good time with your family!
Post a Comment