2009 was definately a special year for the Mons family. Logan was baptized and heading for 3rd grade, and Mariah turned 5 and couldn't wait to start Kindergarten.
To get pumped up for school, we did several special things together. We enjoyed several visits to the waterpark, zoo, science center, played games, and went on tons of bike rides.
Mariah loved school shopping and picked out her own backpack/lunchbox and all of her outfits (that we now have to fight her to wear!!). Logan wasn't at all interested in school shopping and asked us not to spend money on clothes for him.
I wanted to do something special with each of them before school started. I hung out w/Logan and played games and went out for ice cream (darn it - no pics). Mariah had 3 other little friends from church who were also starting Kindergarten, so we took our girls to a Tea Shop for lunch. This is the cutest place I have ever been. A girls paradise for sure! Mariah was so excited that she talked valley-talk the entire time. Normally that might have annoyed me, but inside I was squeeling, skipping with butterflies, and doing cartwheels, so it didn't even phase me.
Ava, Mikelle, Mariah, Stella
First day of school. Mariah had her first day outfit picked out in July - Logan rolled out of bed and smelled his clothes to make sure they were okay (not really, but pretty much).
Logan's teacher this year is Mrs. Fackler. I always like to ask him what his first impression is when he meets his teacher for the first time. Here they are:
1. She's tall like you, but way skinnier!
Mariah's teacher is Mrs. Erbes. Mariah thought she was very nice and somehow has the impression that she handpicked Mariah to be in her class because, "I'm so good and cute."
And she still believes that to this day.
3 comments:
Well of couse she was handpicked, I would totally pick the cutest girl in Kindergarten to be in my class.
I love Logan, such a classic boy and we wouldn't want it any other way. My boys would wear the same shirt all week if I didn't say anything.
All day school is such a sad but beautiful thing.
Oh, so cute. I was just thinking of dear Mariah yesterday. We really should get together over Thanksgiving break somehow. . . .
I'm curious about Logan's teacher. How can she be skinnier than you?
This post makes me tear-up!! I miss you and your amazing family.
Post a Comment