We wanted to make this a special one to honor our mom who is the most loving, nurting, kind, Christ-like person I have ever known.
We all gathered in Dallas (HUGE thank you to Aunt Kathleen who helped with flights) to celebrate this important day.
We had just a few days to be together, but we made the best of it.
Bowling with the kiddos. All the grandkids sans Jasmine (school), Millie, Londyn and Mia (babies).
Mom knew we would all be in town for her birthday, but she had no idea what kind of surprises we had up our sleeves. We had a big bbq complete with Picanha (tri tip steaks), Karen's pretzel jello salad and Paulas amazing birthday cake. Joana made a beautiful slide show that had mom in tears in .0005 seconds. We also put together a scrapbook including pics and letters from each of her children's family.
I was so touched this weekend to see the posterity my parents have created. We are all happy, strong in our faith and in our families. What a blessing!

I'm so thankful for my family. My brothers are wonderful people that I admire so much. I love my nieces and nephew so much and love that all the cousins get along so well.
Thanks everyone for a memorable weekend!



4 comments:
Your mom is an amazing person!! I have always loved her happy attitude. I love her daughter too!
I was amazed to see just how many people are now part of your family, what a party! Your mom is a lucky woman.
Thank my love for the kind words. I am really blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.
I lay awake sometimes thinking about my posterity and the beautiful spirits that are part of my life forever.
You are a great blessing and joy in my life.
Thank you for honoring me.
I love you.
Mom
i know, isn't she the greatest? the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ya know. you're right up there with your mom as far as wonderful, amazing people go! love you!
Post a Comment