Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mothers Day 2010




Special Things To Remember this Year:



*Thoughtful card and gifts from Tyler and kids.


*Uplifting talks at church- reminded that it is the small and simple acts that really matter. Also felt inspired by a great idea to reinforce gospel teachings at home.

*Logan snuggling up to me during sacrament meeting and asking if we can talk about mothers at dinner tonight.

*Delicious meal lovingly prepared by Tyler

*Fun memories shared at the dinner table

*Mariah and Harrison fighting over my lap (not so pleasant at the moment, but isn't it great to be wanted??)

*A sunny day watching my kids play together outside.

*Playing Uno Attack

*Talking to my mom who was the perfect mother for me.

*Feeling a burning desire to actually be the kind of mom that the cards I opened claim me to be.

*Thankful for my eternal companion who loves me.

*Feeling renewed and rededicated to fulfill my divine purpose.

*Gratitude from head to toe.


Logan's Poem:


Dear Mom,


I am glad you are here to take care of me. When I am not feeling well, you help me feel better by: helping me do stuff. When I am lonely, it helps for you to comfort me. You make me laugh when you sang a funny version of Rudolph in the car with me. I will remember that forever!


I love the meals you feed me, especially rice and beans and pasta salad. I am going to try harder to help you with chores. I will do the dishwasher and clean my room. I'd like for you to teach me to play tennis. I like to watch you having fun. The think I most appreciate about you is you love us and play with us. The story I most like to hear you tell is stories that were in the past. I love you most for staying home with us. Happy Mother's Day, Logan.



Mariah's Poem:


My mom's name is Robyn. She is 40 years old and has short hair. Her favorite food is rice and beans. I love my mom because she plays basketball. Love, Mariah


7 comments:

EriKaren said...

That's so sweet! When did you turn 40? We thought you were 9 years younger! Hmm...we're a little behind hehe. Miss you and you're amazing!

Elle said...

awww...your kids are right! You are so awesome! I'm so glad the day was great. You deserve it girl!

P.S. You are looking amazing.

Liz said...

Those poems are awesome! I love them.

joana said...

totally sweet, and you look totally beautiful. your kids are lucky, you're such a great mom.

Ashley said...

LOVE your dress Robyn, you look absolutley gorgeous in it!!!

Yea for Mother's Day and getting pampered, and yea for people like you who totally set examples for me on the kind of mother I want to be ;).

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow your getting old. Daniel did one that said My mom is 6 feet tall. They are so cute!

Shelly Kenison said...

You are such a darling MOM! Glad to hear you had such a great Mothers day. Miss you guys. By the way tell Tyler that one of my best friends here in our new ward is Sheryl (Kilpack) Coe. She said to say hi.