Thursday, June 24, 2010

Empowered

This past week the Mons kiddos learned how to do some pretty useful things....



Fry eggs



Sizzle turkey bacon




Cut breakfast with plascic knife.

I knew they'd be excited to learn how to do this, but I didn't realize just how much. They are so happy! Eggs and bacon are served at all times of the day.

I love to see these kids grow and gain independence. All they need to learn to do next is bake a cheescake, and I got it made!

4 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

It think this is awesome. But seriously, looking at Mariah as she looks at that cooking bacon, I'm not sure Grace could even see above the stove! Major disadvantage in cooking!!

Miss you! Still want to hear about your bread!

Jmons said...

Ok, add teach Tucson Mons kids to fry eggs and bacon on the list. I think its easy to forget that they can learn how to cook for themselves. A bit scary too though.

Good job!

joana said...

oh i love it! i have this new saying for jasmine (this will apply to your kids as well). every time she asks me to cook her something and i tell her that i'll teach her, and she says "but i want YOU to do it" i say this..."Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. TEACH a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." pretty good eh?
it's amazing the things that she has been able to cook as i put this saying into practice.
good job teaching those cute kiddos!

Patty Girl said...

Isn't it so fun to teach your kids something they are so excited about? It still boggles my mind that they are even old enough to think about cooking, but I guess that happens. Good work Mons kids!