Would you believe it... I didn't capture ONE picture of this holiday. My excuse is the total funk I was in. I at least found enough motivation to dress the kids and take them to the ward trunk r treat. Although the lamest Halloween I've provided as a mother, the kids still came away with buckets of candy. And in the end, I guess that's all that matters, right?
I did want to record a memory from the trunk or treat.
I was walking hand in hand in the dark with my tough, bearded pirate (Harrison). He was having the time of his life collecting candy and pointing out all the cool costumes to me.
As we were walking along, a ninja boy stopped us dead in our tracks and pointed directly at Harrison. There you are! My friend is looking all over for YOU. He is so mad, just wait until he sees you."
At this point I ask, "why is your friend looking for Harrison?" With his ninja arms folded, he dramatically declares, "because Harrison broke his weapon. He is so mad, he is coming to find YOU (pointing again at Harrison)."
With hands still clasped Harrison and I take a moment to digest the threats.
Then my tough pirate squeezes my hand, looks up at me with his big blue eyes and quietly says, "I think I'm ready to go home now."
That night I kissed him goodnight and heard him thank the Lord for letting him come home safely "from those bad guys."
I will never forget that moment. Sometimes I just forget how little and vulnerable my kids still are.
I may have not been the funnest mom this holiday, but it was a good reminder that more than anything, my kids need my love and protection.
Now I can do that.
1 comment:
Ah, Love it! So hilarious and so touching at the same time!
Love the sport posts on your kids, too. Mariah looks so big! And little tender Harrison, too funny!
Miss you.
Post a Comment