Saturday, October 29, 2011

Count on the Crow's

The Crow's became our friends in our Dallas days... way back in 2002.  We could always count on them for friendship and fun. Even though we moved away, we have still kept in touch.  In fact, if you have all of my posts memorized, you may recall that they've come up to Iowa twice to visit, and met us in Branson for a weekend trip.  That is dedication! 



Both families were thrilled that we moved closer, and it worked out that shortly after arriving that the big UT (longhorns) VS. BYU game was in town.  What a great excuse for a quick get together.



When I said quick, I meant it.  I believe they were here less than 24 hours, but we managed to pack in some fun.  Their animal and nature loving kids were immediately intrigued with our hill country surroundings and since the beach is down the street, we took the plunge and cooled down


They even managed to choke down breakfast that we served on our rental home UT plates.  In no time we went our seperate ways- Ken and Wendy headed to the BYU section, and Logan and Tyler proudly cheered on their new local team. (don't worry dad, I'm still BYU thru and thru)

                          Ends up that breakfast wasn't the only thing UT dished out that day. 

                                      Thanks Crows, we'll see you soon.  I'm counting on it!

2 comments:

TxCrows said...

We need to come down again and do the bats(my kids are excited about that)and just have more time to visit! Thanks for having us.

Barrett Family said...

Looks like so much fun. You Mons know how to entertain. Is there room for 3 Barretts at your house? We miss you so much! I've been thinking about you guys a ton lately. Hope things are going well. You sure are missed. Love to everyone!!!!